Pedal assist not working

coinmaster

10 W
I'm trying to get my pedal assist attachment working but it just doesn't.
I'm using the stock kelly controller from the cyclone 3000 and I have the oros thumb throttle connected as well.
There's two connectors labled "pas on/off" which I connected together in which the throttle no longer functions when they are connected but the pas doesn't work either.
I suspect there might be an installation issue shown here
https://imgur.com/a/185I2
There's a bit of metal from the motor bracket blocking the sensor and there is a bit of distance between the magnets and the sensor.
Is this the issue you think?

Yes. Too far away. More like 1-2 mm for the spacing.

I have set up five PAS sensors. I found that putting the disk on an axle and spinning it near the sensor to test the PAS is worthwhile. Shows me the correct orientation of the magnet disk and sensor. I've got one setup where it only works with the disk spinning against the arrow stamped on it. Go figure.

Disassemble it, remove the sensor from the bracket, flip the bracket (might need to drill a hole for the screw), then reassemble. The bracket will reach forward instead of backwards so the gap should be about right. Ideal is about 1mm.

Alternatively you could move the sensor bracket so that it's the most outboard item instead of the most inboard one.

Finally, you have to assemble the magnet disc the right way up, si test it before reinstalling the rhs crank., otherwise you might find that it only works backwards. you can't go by the arrows on the disc.

I ended up hotgluing the sensor near the magnets, it's stable and it works. After testing it I found out the pas on this controller is terrible.
The response is dangerous and it gives me no exercise whatsoever because it is spinning too fast meaning it wont give me any extended range.
I guess what I need is another controller or a torque sensor. Anyone got any recommendations that are compatible with the cyclone 3000?

coinmaster said:
I ended up hotgluing the sensor near the magnets, it's stable and it works. After testing it I found out the pas on this controller is terrible.
The response is dangerous and it gives me no exercise whatsoever because it is spinning too fast meaning it wont give me any extended range.
I guess what I need is another controller or a torque sensor. Anyone got any recommendations that are compatible with the cyclone 3000?

Any KT controller should give you what you want. I haven't tested one with a Cyclone motor, but I can't see why one shouldn't work. You can get them from BMSBattery, but it depends what voltage and current you want. They go up to 40 amps and 48v. I've seen more powerful ones on Aliexpress. You need one of their LCDs and a speed sensor to get all the functions:

http://www.szktdz.com/en/news_show.php?article_id=503

Back