motor to controller Phase connection question

chrashing

100 mW
Looking for some help with being sure that all is correct.

I upgraded my ebike with 48V 1000W motor with a new 1500W KT sine wave controller. I connected the phase/hall wiring by color, motor to controller, blue to blue, green to green, and yellow to yellow, and my bike ran very well; correct direction, smooth throttle response, much quieter (due to the new sine wave) controller, and had much more power than with the previous 1000W controller. So I believe everything was connected fine. But after a 15 mile ride, and a short stop, I powered on, the bike went about a foot and the controller phase blue to green shorted. I now have a replacement controller, same KT 1500W controller and want to be sure the phases/hall are hooked up correctly between the motor and controller. So below is what I am seeing in the vendor documentation.

Code:
Wire      Motor            Controller 
Color     Phase/Hall       Phase/Hall 
          Document         Document
------   --------------    -----------
Blue       W                   A          
Green      V                   B
Yellow     U                   C

Table above is how I wired the motor to the 1500W controller.

Somewhere I gleaned that U/A, V/B, and W/C should be matched, which is different from the above table. I think the bike ran so well the table phase/hall wiring was correct, but from what I gleaned, the connections may not be right. I don't want to risk another controller. Hoping that the controller fail was just some bad luck early component fail. Does it make sense that matching the connecting the motor controller as in the table would be correct?

Thank you for any insight.

(Another note, I had the power limited on the controller to 1000W through the LCD3 C5 setting being 3 when the controller failed.)

Thank you Amberwolf for pointing me to those related threads. Perfect.

From reading those threads, think I have connections correct since the motor runs powerfully, quietly, smoothly, in the correct direction, and the power levels seem not to be excessive. I'm going to chalk the previous controller fail to bad luck due to a initially weak component.

One thing I will do is be sure to carry a small wrench and screwdriver to disconnect the phase wires if the controller phases short. To break that generator mode that makes it too difficult to pedal any distance.

Really liked the change from the square, to the sine wave controller since the motor ran so much quieter.

Back