Lite Frame Build

This is a vector light frame. You can get it on sale for US$300 starting Wednesday from here: http://www.vectorebike.com/more/news/103-new-vector-light-frame.html
You can order a complete bike from here: http://www.vectorebike.com/bikes/the-vector-light.html

shorza said:
This is a vector light frame. You can get it on sale for US$300 starting Wednesday from here: http://www.vectorebike.com/more/news/103-new-vector-light-frame.html
You can order a complete bike from here: http://www.vectorebike.com/bikes/the-vector-light.html

Yes it is sold also by Vector but Vector is a dealer, not the producer. Anyhow the issue is not where to buy but how to use. Yes Artur could explain many missing details, I hope to see a complete build besides russian builds. I started a topic and ask details on russian forum, i would say i was "surprised" when they locked the topic. Why? They said the forum has .ru termination so i should post in russian language not in english or ukrainian :twisted: Sorry me, i made efforts to translate with google translate everything, writing both in english international language and ukrainian also, because the frame is produce in .ua.

Frame specs - Weight: 5.9 kg , Width: 12cm , Material: High strength steel. 135 mm Dropout, 68mm Bottom Bracket. Battery-size max dimensions: 445 x 115 x 90 mm. Bike seat, standard 31,6 mm seatpost. Gears: freewheel or gear cassette (adjustable). Swing arm has IS brake mount point. Adjustable rear shock mounts between 190-240mm. Wheels: max26”, up to 35cm radius. Designed for 1 ⅛” headset (or 1,5” adjustable) and for cone shaped forks. 50cm frame size comfortable for riders between 170-195cm, max rider load 120kg. Frame comes with headset, bottom bracket and seatpost clamp.
So rear schock can be between minimum 190mm and maximum 240mm.

Isn't it a design flaw to have the BB in the rear swingarm? Doesn't this add the rider's weight to the unsprung mass in the rear swingarm? the common eeb/enduro frame, vector frame, and flux alpha frames also have this design "flaw" of the BB in the swingarm rather than on the body of the bike. This design also makes it so that if you use a mid-drive motor attached to the BB, it would be added to the unsprung weight.

After a quick search it seems like the only frames with the BB in the "right" place are the qulbix raptor and the flux beta (edit: and the phasor, and probably more). I don't have one of these ebike frames, nor have i ever ridden one, so take my words with a grain of salt. but i've never seen a mountain bike the the BB in the rear swingarm. am i just nitpicking and it's not really an issue, or is it a major design flaw?

it is....not that much but most ppl dont care. to be honest...a hub motor is the worst scenario to our used bicycle parts...but.....probably 80% of hub riders dont even notice that the suspension(rebound) is throwing up all time :mrgreen:

Baron said:
Isn't it a design flaw to have the BB in the rear swingarm? Doesn't this add the rider's weight to the unsprung mass in the rear swingarm? the common eeb/enduro frame, vector frame, and flux alpha frames also have this design "flaw" of the BB in the swingarm rather than on the body of the bike. This design also makes it so that if you use a mid-drive motor attached to the BB, it would be added to the unsprung weight.

After a quick search it seems like the only frames with the BB in the "right" place are the qulbix raptor and the flux beta (edit: and the phasor, and probably more). I don't have one of these ebike frames, nor have i ever ridden one, so take my words with a grain of salt. but i've never seen a mountain bike the the BB in the rear swingarm. am i just nitpicking and it's not really an issue, or is it a major design flaw?

Thank you Baron for this comment. What about Bultaco Brinco?
cj-500x500.jpg
What i do not understand about Brinco is why this frame seem to be made for short people only? I am not tall at 175cm and i feel cramped on Brinco.
Now about the Lite Frame, I was just looking about a low cost option, some sort of speed pedalec with bigger battery. Another thing I do not understand is why ALL the big bicycle brands make e-bikes with batteries so small!! On real offroad use a 4-500wh is not enough, it will help you on serious uphill for one hour or less, just go up maybe one mountain but never enough to go up a second serious uphill.
The Qulbix frame is not cheap, chinese copies will be expensive because of shipping. So when we look around what we see - smart people playing with luxury toys, nobody seems to be able to make a lower cost e-bike with a decent battery above 1kwh.

Didn't think about it to much as my mountain bike has the same thing and it works fine 'GT i-Drive 4 Carbon Pro'

Baron said:
Isn't it a design flaw to have the BB in the rear swingarm? Doesn't this add the rider's weight to the unsprung mass in the rear swingarm?

I don't think it is an issue because the bottom bracket is located at or near the pivot point of the swing arm. The rider's weight is not swinging with the arm or at least isn't doing so to any significant degree. If the bottom bracket was located even three inches up the swingarm, then you'd have a good point.

Recently a Kickstarter project based on these frames was subscribed, we will start seeing such e-bikes with good components, total weight under 30kg, total end user prices between 2.000-3000Euro. How does that look compared with Bosch e-bikes that have batteries 2 times smaller, less powerfull engines? Here is a price list, that is only at the beggining, it will evolve - http://www.biciclete-electrice.com/V-ibike

Euro Max.JPG

Alex Imreh said:
How does that look compared with Bosch e-bikes that have batteries 2 times smaller, less powerfull engines?

Like it isn't a bicycle. Like it should have a license plate and insurance.

Chalo said:

Most topics on endless forum are about ebikes with engines much bigger (2-10kw) and batteries accordingly. Ebikes currenlty used on streets by many people, in many "civilized" countries like Germany. If you say that a BBS02 750w should have licence plate and insurance, i think you are on the wrong forum, you should say that on another forum.

See here for example discussion with users using really big engines in Germany- I quote "What makes you say that all 205motors are illegal? In Germany it depends on the Nenndauerleistung, not the peak power... Isnt it?" https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61259&start=2125

Now my target, what we talk here about, is called SPEED PEDALEC in German legislation: 45km/h top speed and over 100km range on middle PAS. Perfectly legal without licence and insurance even in UE nazi legislation.

Alex Imreh said:
Chalo said:

Most topics on endless forum are about ebikes with engines much bigger (2-10kw) and batteries accordingly. Ebikes currenlty used on streets by many people, in many "civilized" countries like Germany. If you say that a BBS02 750w should have licence plate and insurance, i think you are on the wrong forum, you should say that on another forum.

That's what it looks like, even if legal. I know my knees would not be happy if I tried to pedal so fat a bike. I would need horse riding bowlegs, which I don't have.

It's a good move to stay close to some kind of legal formula, though, and to keep the weight reasonable.

Triketech said:
Given the rear swing arm geometry it looks part Pogo Stick.

It is a bit bouncy, but actually feels quite nice. I have driven a stealth and the suspension really isn't that much different feeling, but I have yet to really out the light frame to test

Back