P settings for banggood lcd?

drawk

10 mW
Is anyone familiar with the P settings for this LCD? I can't seem to track them down. By holding the arrows I can enter the P setting mode (there does not seem to be a C setting mode?) and there are options ranging from P0 - P4. These do not seem to be the same P settings as my other controller. I can't even find a model number for this thing.
Link: https://www.banggood.com/24V36V48V250W350W-BLDC-Motor-Speed-Controller-LCD-Display-For-MTB-E-Bike-Scooter-Model-A-p-1031678.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

The defaults are:
P0 - 31.5 (low voltage cutoff?)
P1 - 26 (I think this may be wheel diameter, but not sure)
P2 - 045
P3 - 001
P4 - 0

Best guesses welcome as well.

I bought that combo a year ago because it was cheap, under $50 shipped, I think. It comes set for a specific voltage. The 36V version will not power up on 48V, but you can solder a jumper on the circuit board if you want dual voltage, using the appropriate LVC setting. It has a learning mode that worked for me.

Buy the model A version if you want pedal assist. It's a small controller. I found it too small. Used with my Q100H motor, I felt the bike was pretty weak. I replaced it with a KT controller. One of these days, maybe I'll try adding some solder to the shunt and see if it will push more current.

I didn't get any documents either. A year ago, the web page had these instructions, which I copied and saved.

P0: Set battery low voltage protection point , used to adjust battery level indication precision, setting for common lithium battery:
24v battery—low voltage protection point 20v
36v battery—low voltage protection point 31v
48v battery—low voltage protection point 42 v
Other battery should adjust up or down according to materials and string

P1: SET rim diameter , unit inches
Such as if bike rim is 26inches, then make it 26
Scooter motor 8inches , make it 8

P2: INTERFACE SET magnetic poles ratio , should be set according to motor magnetic poles and reduction gear ratio
Common 26inches geared motor should be 45
8inches gearless motor should be 15
Adjust up or down according to motor rated top speed indication, if slow then down the data, if faster then add data

P3: set speed testing standard
Ordinary motor hall sampling set is 1, if take external speed test hall then set is 0

P4: interface setting speed display unit
Common is 0 kilometer , aboard is 1 miles

After setting, please press up and down button together and save and exit

Thanks for this! That information is no longer on the website, at least as far I could find, so glad you saved it.

Yeah, I had gotten a KT controller for this bike, but it was all manner of problems (documented in another thread) and I finally conceded that I think the controller was defective from the get go. Now that it is off the bike, I'm gonna open it up and take a look. I bought this one on a black Friday sale or somesuch when it was dirt cheap just 'to see' and it is working fine, but yeah, feels low powered. Too snowy and icy here still to road test though.

For future reference, do you have documentation on the jumper mod to accommodate dual voltage?

I initially bought the B version, which does not have pedal assist. Instead, the controller spins the motor to some speed. Sounds like PAS, but wasn't. No control. I didn't return it. My fault, but I asked about the A version, and it was only $23 shipped, so I ordered it.

I bought the 48V model and tried to test it on 36V. Hooked it up. Set LVC to 30V. It learned and spun the wheel, but nothing happened on throttle. Eventually I stumbled on fact that it needed 48V. I figured it had to be multi-voltage, and I found two pads that said 36V. I put on a jumper, and now it could run dual voltage.

This pic shows it. It doesn't fit back in the controller box soldered like that.

It's probably good enough for my wife's ebike, but it's still only 13A. By the way, I had built two bikes and used a KT sine wave on one and a KT square wave on the other, both 20A. The sine wave worked great no load, but growled under load. Also maxed out at 14 mph while the other did 20 mph. It was probably defective. I bought a second square wave.

Attachments

• controller-1.jpg
    controller-1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 2,545
In case someone stumbled across this thread looking for info on the controller, and also didn't receive any documentation, this is how the assist levels function (as set from the display):

Long press c button control assistance power on/off, default setting assistance power is on;
short press c button control light on/off(under model that has light port)

0 gear-assistance power 50%, throttle 100%
1 gear-assistance power 20%, throttle 30%
2 gear-assistance power 40%, throttle 45%
3 gear-assistance power 60%, throttle 60%
4 gear-assistance power 80%, throttle 80%
5 gear-assistance power 100%, throttle 100%

Where the percentage is the percentage of the controller's rated amps (I think).

Just documenting more about this particular controller, again for anyone looking for these things in the future.

As docw009 pointed out, the 48v version needs to be jumpered to be dual 36v/48v voltage. I have the 36v version, and it operates fine at 48v without any modification - I imagine the 36v version is just the 48v version with the connection already made, but haven't opened mine up to look.

Again on the LCD provided with this controller - what is the "Power" (labeled '2' in the image) actually measuring? It says "the motor output power in real-time indication" Is this related to amps?

5028cfce_2c32_4f61_9b80_b3395b10df53.jpg

Back