Speed control with a potentiometer

Hello everyone
Speed control with a potentiometer!
Does anyone here have a suggestion how to control speed with a potmeter as below on the web link:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/24v36v48v60V64V250w350w-BLDC-controller-6mosfet-TWO-voltage-EBS-Brake-for-electric-bike-scooter-MTB-sensor-or-sensorless/32796435861.html
Can a regular 50K potmeter be used?
Or should you use a RC Servo for speed control?
Or do you have any better suggestions?
Rather referenced to a web link!

Yours sincerely

Monie

You can use a regular potentiometer if you place fixed resistors in series with the 5v and ground wires. I would use a 5k pot, but the value is not critical. The fixed resistors for a 5k pot would be about 1.2k each. You want the signal to go from about 1v to 4v with a 5v source.

Hey fechter
I just want to make sure!
Is it the blue wire to be mounted in the middle of the 5K Potentiometer?
Is not one of the wires with 5V source?
Is there a wire that operates ON / OFF?
Or are there other executives who should also be connected?

Yours sincerely
Monie

Some potentiometers have a switch, you'll notably hear it clicking into the Off position when turned all the way counter clockwise. All of the ones that I have seen have 5 wires. Ground, pos, and signal as normal, plus another two wires for On/Off.

Hello everyone
It's this wire ON / OFF I'm looking for?
Can not turn on the device to see the BLDC motor run.
Would you be helpful?

Yours sincerely
Monie

blue wire says speedometer, so don't use that one.
The green throttle wire goes to the middle leg on the pot.

The orange wire needs to be connected to the red wire to turn the controller on.

Hey fechter
BLDC The motor is running now. (2856 omdr/min) constant!
But the potentiometer does not regulate up or down?
Can only adjust between 3.34 V to 4.98 V. Can not regulating with Pot?
The green throttle wire goes to the middle leg on the 10k potentiometer. Are the 10k too small?
I'm supposed to have connected connected wiring correctly.
Did you know where things are going wrong?
Or do you have a suggestion that speed can be adjusted?

Yours sincerely
Monie

Hello everyone
Is there anyone who can help with a simple diagram for connecting to the potentiometer as speed control for the device below ;)
Which cord color should be used?
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/24v36v48v60V64V250w350w-BLDC-controller-6mosfet-TWO-voltage-EBS-Brake-for-electric-bike-scooter-MTB-sensor-or-sensorless/32796435861.html

Yours sincerely
Monie

It sounds like you don't have a connection to the ground wire.
The black wire should be ground. Measure all three legs on the pot against battery negative.

Hi fechter and Glyn

Have tried with all ground wire to connect same and lead them to ground (Gnd - Black).
This did not solve the problem for a smoothly controlled speed.

Here are the pictures below!
BLDC Controller-1.jpg
BLDC Controller-2.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
Is there anyone who can help with a simple diagram for connecting to the potentiometer as speed control for the device below ;)

Yours sincerely
Monie

Hard to see exactly in the picture. The potentiometer is wired reversed, so that clockwise will decrease speed. This won't matter except the way you turn it is reversed. Swap the two outer legs to make clockwise increase speed. I don't see the red wire going to the throttle.

Do the measurement I suggested on the 3 throttle wires. You should see zero on black, 5v on red, and 0-5v on the middle leg as you turn the pot.

To fechter
Has a voltage adjustable on pot 0-5V.
But Motor running is not regulated. Drive at full speed!

Yours sincerely
Monie

Hmm... seems like maybe you have a defective controller. You might try opening the case and do an inspection of the wires inside. sometimes you can see something obvious.

One more test; if you leave the green throttle wire disconnected, try measuring the voltage on it against battery negative. Normally it should be zero.

Hi fechter
With the green wire disconnected.
Measured by the negative voltage of the battery between Green and gnd = + 5.14V

Yours sincerely
Monie

Something is wrong there. It should be zero.

Either something is shorted inside the controller or the wires are mixed up. At this point, I would want to take a look inside the controller and see where that green wire is attached. If you remove the end panel, you might be able to see it without taking the whole board out. Otherwise, to get the board out, you need to remove all the screws holding the heat spreader bar.

Hello everyone

Below you can see 3 pictures:
Billede 3.JPG
Billede 1.JPG
Billede 2.JPG
Hope you can see something?
But otherwise, I would like your help with another Speed control that can be used with a potentiometer.
Do you want to go through a web link to your proposal for a speed control.
Technical wishes:
48 Volt
Just as small a start-up Volt as possible:
Minimum 300Watt

Yours sincerely
Monie

Hello, maybe this video could help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-0tSW_XcDw

HI Pfnyc
Hi, thank you very much.
But the type of controller I used is not the same type you use.
But throttle wires colorcoder are not the same as you use.
But it gives a good guide.

Yours sincerely
Monie

It's hard to see in the pictures. If you trace the green throttle wire to the board, there should be some kind of letter marking on the spot where it attaches. Can you read the marking?

Also, check the bottom of the board. Sometimes they get sloppy with the soldering and accidentally bridge across the traces.

Hi, fechter
Under PCB layout - red circle = "V" has direct connection to the green cable to the center of the potimeter!
BundPrintplade.jpg
So the connection is OK!
But the speed control system still does not work yet?

Yours sincerely
Monie

Usually U V W pads are the hall sensor pads, so if that wire goes there, it's probably not the throttle connector, it's probably for the hall sensors.

If that holds for this controller, either they wired it wrong or the wiring diagram you have for it is showing you the wrong connector to use.

Back