Component Identity Bestech D575-26S-LiFePO4 BMS

I think I should explain I have damaged 2 cells now on the same channel (battery No.2) reading 0v.

I believe the BMS is taking the cell over 4.0v and killing it as it happens very quickly when on charge for a very short time.
I don't believe it is draining the cell as a 20ah cell would take a while to achieve this'

I would need to look at it more to figure out myself. I have the HCX-D575 coming in the mail as well, so I will try to take a look at it if I have time when it shows up. What do you think of that BMS overall? What part of the board is that?

Those are voltage detector chips. One does the HVC/LVC and one does the balancing shunt. Finding replacements would be a real challenge.

I have no clue on those specific numbers, but most of the ones I've seen like that are made by Seiko or Mitsumi. You might try asking Bestech Power, but I doubt they would be willing to deal with finding tiny parts. I've managed to harvest parts off other blown boards of the same style in the past.

Most board failures I've seen, the shunt detector blows and the balancing shunt gets stuck on permanently, draining the cell. In some cases, you can remove the bad part and the HVC/LVC will still work, just not the balancing shunt for that cell.

footbaldd said:
I would need to look at it more to figure out myself. I have the HCX-D575 coming in the mail as well, so I will try to take a look at it if I have time when it shows up. What do you think of that BMS overall? What part of the board is that?

Hi football, I did have what I thought was an issue with the BMS as in I had 2 cells destroyed on the same channel ( battery no.2) to start with I thought the BMS was taking my Lifepo4 cell over 4v and killing it. Since then I have risked another cell and monitored cell 2 while charging and can see cell 2 does not exceed 3.9v on charging.
Still not sure what occurred on battery 2 channel twice.

I have taken the decision to only use the BMS for charging and balancing the pack and not when I ride the bike due to the 2 cells I lost when it was connected and I used the bike along with charging it.

I have had other Bestech BMS's and had no issues at all.

fechter said:
Those are voltage detector chips. One does the HVC/LVC and one does the balancing shunt. Finding replacements would be a real challenge.

I have no clue on those specific numbers, but most of the ones I've seen like that are made by Seiko or Mitsumi. You might try asking Bestech Power, but I doubt they would be willing to deal with finding tiny parts. I've managed to harvest parts off other blown boards of the same style in the past.

Most board failures I've seen, the shunt detector blows and the balancing shunt gets stuck on permanently, draining the cell. In some cases, you can remove the bad part and the HVC/LVC will still work, just not the balancing shunt for that cell.

The components are as follows:

13DG1: MM3513D01NRH/SOT-23-5 (balance IC)
3Q66: it's IC#R5460N213AD

Back