Possible mosfet burned question?

Hi guys, how can I check if the mosfets is ok? can I test them in place?

A controller like that, is it possible to have one or some mosfets burned and the controller still working? or impossible?

Attachments

• Controler dessous (1152 x 864).jpg
    Controler dessous (1152 x 864).jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 483
  • Controler dessus (1152 x 864).jpg
    Controler dessus (1152 x 864).jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 483
  • Controler FB4410Z & IRFB4321 (1152 x 864).jpg
    Controler FB4410Z & IRFB4321 (1152 x 864).jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 338
Blown fets are easy to diagnose. if you connect to a hub motor, the motor will resist like crazy. If its a geared hub motor, then you have to spin it backwards to feel the resistance.

OK thanks, the wheel motor turn very good. The problem is the controller come very hot. But, I thinks have find the problem. When I removed the controller, I saw two phase wire terminal not tight. This wires (termnial) is burned a little bit. If this wire is not tight you lost current, maybe is bad for the controller?

dogman dan said:
Blown fets are easy to diagnose. if you connect to a hub motor, the motor will resist like crazy. If its a geared hub motor, then you have to spin it backwards to feel the resistance.

From my experience, whether the motor resists depends on what MOSFET got blown. Easy electrical check is to unplug it completely, and check whether there's a short between any combination of the ABC motor connectors and the battery connectors.

As for the topic at hand, burnt wire is bad mojo. Make sure everything is rated at whatever amperage you're trying to run it at, connectors especially.

Back