Chinese Electric Enduro - Kickstand vs Spindle length

Hey guys... few weeks ago I ordered the "official" kickstand for these EE frames.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...ro-Ebike-Electric-bike-frame/32825365509.html

Installed it last night and noticed the spindle on the stock bottom bracket (100x144) is not wide enough to allow the left pedal to clear the kickstand LOL! Immediately went back online... an hour later realized the vast majority of the pics for these frames rarely show a kickstand. Some don't even show cranks or pedals. Heckin' bamboozled!!!

Seems like they tasked an engineer to design the extra long HD kickstand after the fact but they forgot to tell him it also needs to clear the pedals. Pretty sure the "complete" $4-5000 bikes from China have already swapped in a wider BB, they just don't mention it.

So, has anyone else hit this road block?

*edit* Ordered this 100mm BB with a 177mm spindle. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/hig...32696213446.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7sVTvV

Should give me 5-7mm of clearance for the kickstand. I'll post before and after pics when it shows up Friday'ish.

I just ordered a official EEB kick stand from em3 and found the same thing
but instead of replacing the bottom bracket
I just moved the mounting point
drilled a new hole and welded in a new nut
who ever designed this dropped the ball big time
View attachment 2View attachment 1they should put in their advertisement that the kick stand is not a direct bolt up
for the EEB frame and that it will take some frame modification for it to work
but that may be too much to ask in this day and time

Yeah.... about that. My bad on following up on this.

The wider spindle didn't fix anything. Still had issues with clearance and finally decided to use a swingarm clamp-on style kickstand. I wasn't about to dismantle a complete functioning bike and do the welding thing as I wasn't even sure that would fix it. Glad to see someone bit the bullet on that.

My no weld solution was a hybrid of two off the shelf mass produced kickstands. I intended to just use the Universal but the clamping block was just too big and bulky.

I used this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-...667864?hash=item5910022ed8:g:CtUAAOSwN6NbTLsO for the exact length stand/leg and return spring.

And used this https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-BLAC...ide-mounting-p/tomos-side-stand-black-013.htm for the clamp section.

Luckily the pin for both stands are exactly the same size, I just added a wave washers to make up the difference in thickness. The Tomos stand is about 1mm wider than the uni-moto stand.

I also had to grind off the lower squared mount on the clamp block since the EEB swingarm is a few cm's wider than the intended Tomos arm.

Works great, bike weighs 150lbs currently. I'll eventually get the leg powder coated black along with a few other custom 6061 bits I've had to fab for the brakes.

Final result:

Attachments

• KIMG0363.JPG
    KIMG0363.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 1,497
  • KIMG0364.JPG
    KIMG0364.JPG
    284.7 KB · Views: 1,497
In case anyone else wants to PM me about this.

Maybe this will answer any additional questions you might have.

exe wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:46 am
Hello, I was reading your post about this kickstand on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Moto ... SwN6NbTLsO

I am wondering does it fit a 2 1/2 inch high/thick swing arm? The description says that is the height of the bracket but I don't know if that is end to end or the section that fits in the swing arm. And what is so bulky about it? From the picture, it looks not so much different than the other piece you fitted.

The actual measurement of the clamping area is 2 1/2" tall
View attachment 5

The reason I didn't use it was the fact that it uses a rear plate instead of 2 U-bolts.
KIMG0377.JPG

If I tried to use the rear plate as well, the thickness it expects to clamp down on is 1 3/8" and the EEB swingarm is only 1' thick.
KIMG0376.JPG

No matter how you slice it, this wouldn't have worked without adding a 2 1/2' x 1 1/2" x 1/2" thick plate to front or rear clamping plate to make up the difference. The clamp would also interfere with the brake hose and the motor wiring harness. To be honest, it would look like shit too.
KIMG0375.JPG
View attachment 1
KIMG0379.JPG

This is why I used the smaller more compact Tomos U-bolt clamp and mixed it with the longer kick stand from the Universal Ebay piece.

Imagine having to sandwich that rear plate too, it takes up too much of the limited space between the swing arm and the wheel.
View attachment 4

I noticed same problem and I don't even have cranks yet. Also at-least my kickstand has threaded hole and frame has welded nut. That is just awesome engineering.. Well I will fix it somehow. Probably make new hole to the frame or make mount for it under the swing-arm so it gives more clearance.

I have feeling that this will probably be one of the smallest obstacles in my build :roll:

Back