What controller to change for more kick

Antenor

100 W
Hello

I have a hub motor 500w that i run 48v and 25 Amps. The controller is a sinewave one, simillar to the one s12 from kuteng

The Pas system works very well, but using the accelerator, there seems to be a slow start function ... that is ... from the moment that active there is a small compass where the power is low and only then it starts to accelerate stronger .

I wish I had a stronger initial acceleration. Which controller can I use in order to have a stronger acceleration ramp from the start.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Every sine wave I've tried was "soft start", part and parcel w/ their smoothness and easy throttle control. If your controller has dual shunts, and I suspect it does, you could "mod the shunts" by squeezing them together and coating 2/3 rd.s w/ a lite coat of solder. This will increase the max. Amps by 5 Amps. This will probably help in the mid-range more than off the bottom, but you should feel the difference. I wouldn't go any higher than 30 Amps on your BPM.
The Infineons from Lyen and Grin are much harder hitting, even if they are rated the same. I'm not sure if you would need a Cycle Analyst to use the PAS or not.
Other factors to consider are motor speed range and the battery. The amount of system "omph" can vary quite a bit depending on the batt. chem. and discharge rate. I use LiPoly which is a chem. that packs a fair amount of "punch", but even so, I can really feel the difference between my 10C pack and my 20C pack.

Tank you for the reply

Maybe something like this?

http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/controllers/c4825-gr.html

I think this is the same, but in a european seller

https://ozo-electric.com/en/sensorless-sensored-controllers/647-controleur-25a-dual-sensoredsensorless.html

Its possible that you have a fast wind motor in a larger, like 26" wheel. If so, its naturally going to take off slow. Just saying it might not really be controller that is the problem. It might be the battery sags bad, as well.

More amps will help, like a 40 amps replacement controller. This will likely kill your battery though. :roll:

More power is a slippery slope, Up the ante for controller, spend 4x as much for battery that can handle it. But ,,, mabye worth it. :twisted:

My battery is 48v 14.5amps ga cels and the motor is good for 45 km/h.

Is a torque motor at 36v that i overvolted to 48v.

My guess is the slow start from the sinewave controlor, but may be a wrong guess

Possibly a motor wrongly sold as "torque" is a slower wind, which oddly would take off faster. they like to call them torque, cuz calling them slow sells poorly.

So maybe it is in the controller programming. there is a ton of variables they can change in there, and they may have wanted soft start.

Back