Modify S06S controller to work on 13S 48V Li-Ion

bardbe

10 mW
I have bought a couple of Q100 with S06S controllers from BMSB, that I would like to run on my 48V Li-Ion battery. It says DC24/36V so in order to make it work on 48V reliably, I need to make some mods. I know there are a few threads about modding the S06S on ES, but it is not 100% clear what config is adequate for max 15A/48V(54.6V). Therefore it would be nice if somebody with experience of this combo could make a short list of what components need to be replaced.For info my S06S have two 63V caps, so they should be ok, but do I need to change any resistor values as well (like the 81ohm 2W in front of LM317)? For FETs would IRFB3077 be optimal or should I go for higher voltage types as suggested by "fellow"? After doing these mods will it be plug-and-play in terms of LCD-3 display?

There might be something in this really long thread;
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=87870
Personally, I would just go w/ the KT sine wave from PSW Power;
http://www.pswpower.com/peng/iview.asp?KeyID=dtpic-2016-3F-33C0.50CGS
Not only does it auto read 48 Volts, it is rated 20 Amps max. and can be shunt-mod'ed to 25 A.
The SO6S is wimpy.

Exactly as mototech said. It might have been easier to get a 48V model.

But maybe it will work. Try it. I have no proof, but I wonder if these KT controllers use the LCD to set the controller LVC. After all, we can tweak LVC via a C-register. And I do have a 36V KT-controller that is LCD3 compatible and it works on 48V, except it only has 50V caps so I only tried it briefly.

Meanwhile, I am using the pswpower 20A 36V/48V square wave controller on a Q100H and gone as high as 14S, but typically use 10S. It will peak at 900W on 13S.

I did have their 20A sine wave model, but it was no good. I ate the cost.

Yeah, I guess getting a 48V model would be easiest, but I'll give it a try with upgrading transistors first as I already have the controllers, and I doubt you get quality FETs buying a $24 controller anyway. Thanks for info

Look at our OpenSource firmware for KT controllers, it may useful for you.

Back