Torque arm options for these drop outs

Lovelock

10 W
Hi, been looking at these torque arms I have over the past couple of days and can't see how they should fit best.

The dropouts are bit of an odd shape and I can't get the longer arm to sit flush against the frame arm.

However, there is a hole in the dropout angle that matches up exactly with the nut and bolt on the torque arm.

Is this (below picture) good enough to count as a succesfull torque arm usage? Or is the other arm required?

rxZ0HPM.jpg

Here is some other pictures to help with description:

igZi70d.jpg

38HhZFo.jpg

Lovelock said:
Is this (below picture) good enough to count as a succesfull torque arm usage? Or is the other arm required?
That's just fine. Better than using both pieces. :)

How much power are you using? What motor and voltage?

For most legal-ish e-bikes, your right side torque arm would be more than adequate. Is there not a corresponding eyelet on the other side?

If that's an aluminum frame, I would put on the second TA...

Anyhow, you could try flipping the axle TA piece over so it's pointing away from the stay, opposite from as shown. Then move the stay piece inside to the dropout side so it's over the dropout. I would add a couple of washers between the two TA parts to get the stay piece centered on the stay so it clamps squarely and isn't prone to walking off the round stay. Alternatively, you might also look at a similar arrangement under the chain stay.

Also, I might suggest you flip over the axle so the wire exits on the bottom and arrange a drip loop in the cable (cable goes down lower than axle and then back up to it) so the water doesn't run down the cable into the axle slot.

Looks perfect, unless the hole in the frame itself is too big. Looks like you bolted right to a web in the frame?

Do both sides, since it looks to be easy. If that bolt can wiggle in that hole, then you will need to make a tiny insert to go in the frame web, then drill an exact hole in it.

Or, use the second piece of the TA if it fits. Or, if it don't, pretty easy to fabricate a second piece that can fit your particular frame. FWIW, your TA is specifically designed for front motors. in rear, some bikes it fits fine, others not.

And that screw,, it needs to be a bolt, or allen head screw, so you can get it super tight if you use the two piece ta.

Back