Identify motor help and some questions...

Hi there.
In need some help to identify my (MXUS) motor.
I like to know how it looks on the inside and how to open it. It makes a little to much noise in the highest pas mode (5). I ordered some mobilgrease 28 for it.

The C1 setting in my KT-LCD1 is 88. It came this way from the seller and the manual says 87 so what is the right one!?
I still not understand the working of the C3 setting in torque mode. I did try it but no very big notabel differents.
I glued 4 of the 5 magnets in the chainring mountingholes. I notice the start and stop is a little slow. Is there a way to get pas kicks in sooner?
I can try to glue 8 magnets on the chainring but i think they interfer with the sensor as they pretty close to another.

Thanks!

2018-04-21_10-23-36 by Benjamin Wassink, on Flickr

20180421_225408 by Benjamin Wassink, on Flickr

20180421_225454 by Benjamin Wassink, on Flickr

"Can't see the forest for the trees"!
It's hard to tell a motor from the serial #, they don't seem to follow any "rhyme or reason".
From what I can tell, it appears to be a large mini, like the FX07. If that is the cover side and that line is a seam, it opens like the other MXUS mini's. That is, there are three indentations in the cover where a special tool goes and the tool turns the cover off. It unscrews clock wise.
The C1 setting is poles X gear ratio, which I'm guessing for that motor is 16 X 5 = 80. To tell you the truth, small changes in that value really don't make much difference. You can experienent by changing values, try 10 at a time. But I don't think that setting is causing the slow PAS. That, I susect has something to do w/ other setting. I would suggest you study the KT or SO6S and their associated displays owner's manuals, avail. to see on the BMS Battery or PSW power websites.

motomech said:
"Can't see the forest for the trees"!
From what I can tell, it appears to be a large mini, like the FX07. If that is the cover side and that line is a seam, it opens like the other MXUS mini's. That is, there are three indentations in the cover where a special tool goes and the tool turns the cover off. It unscrews clock wise.
Looks like the version of MXUS mini with 6 bolt interface.
If you look carefully, two of them are actually visible on first picture.
In upper&lower right corner.

Okey thanks guys!

There are indeed 5 or 6 crosshead bolts behind the cassette. The motor is sold as a 250w FX motor.
I added 4 more magnets but it did not work at first. So i got thinking that they are maybe to big. I swapt them for smaller ones and eureka it works!!! That makes a lot of differents starting! I needed it because here in Holland we need a lot of stop and go.
To bad there are no settings in the display (kt-lcd1) for magnets count per rev. But i i read somewhere on the forum that this should not really affect overall pedeling. So 80 should be the optimum C1 setting for this motor? Is this some sort off timing setting or how should i see this setting?

Bad magnets, to big i think.
20180422_080335(0) by Benjamin Wassink, on Flickr

Good magnets!
20180422_114216 by Benjamin Wassink, on Flickr

Motor other side.
20180422_081127 by Benjamin Wassink, on Flickr

Pas sensor mounting.
20180422_081322 by Benjamin Wassink, on Flickr

I think i found my motor. Its a XOFO XFCK motor. I try to find the magnets count for my C3 settings but no luck. I contact the manufacture with some questions.

Its the first motor in the list:

http://xofoeurope.com/en/rear-motor/

Opening the motor was very easy! 3 screws and 1 nut. I took the white grease off and greased it with Mobilegrease 28. There is still some noise but it looks like its not from the motor gears but i think from the freewheel. I take a look at my old Shimano deore LX wheel tomorrow if i can swap the freewheels.
Gear ratio is 1:4.4 and magnet count is 20 so 4x20=80 why would they say in the manual that the C1 should be 87?

20180426_192306 by Benjamin Wassink, on Flickr

20180426_192137 by Benjamin Wassink, on Flickr

2018-04-26_10-06-03 by Benjamin Wassink, on Flickr

2018-04-26_10-05-11 by Benjamin Wassink, on Flickr

Back