jonescg visits Canada!

jonescg

100 MW
Hi All,
Well I will be heading to Vancouver BC this June for about 3 months. I work in a colaborative research project with UBC. I know there are lots of ES type folks in Vancouver, and a few folks just south of the border, so if we get a chance I'd love to meet some of you and see your machines. I can't enter the US, so you southerners will have to come up to see me.

Better finish the bike before then...

Cheerio,

CHRIS

Hey Chris, assuming you finished your bike and are in Vancouver already, then come to the kWhr ebike ride tomorrow! People meet up at the central library downtown starting around 5:30 and depart at 6pm. And since it's June, and sunny (we hopes), the plan will be to finish the ride with a good beach barbecue somewhere. So bring drinks and food if you can.

Justin

jonescg said:
Hi All,
Well I will be heading to Vancouver BC this June for about 3 months. I work in a colaborative research project with UBC. I know there are lots of ES type folks in Vancouver, and a few folks just south of the border, so if we get a chance I'd love to meet some of you and see your machines. I can't enter the US, so you southerners will have to come up to see me.

Better finish the bike before then...

Cheerio,

CHRIS

Hey Justin,
Unfortunately I am still in Perth right now, but about this time next week I'll be half way across the Pacific. Not likely to be bringing a 160 kg motorcycle with me either ;) It will be a big push to get it ready before next Saturday, and my day-job requires a bit more attention. But I'll surely catch you all in a bit over a week!

CHRIS

jonescg said:
Hey Justin,
Unfortunately I am still in Perth right now, but about this time next week I'll be half way across the Pacific. Not likely to be bringing a 160 kg motorcycle with me either ;) It will be a big push to get it ready before next Saturday, and my day-job requires a bit more attention. But I'll surely catch you all in a bit over a week!

CHRIS

OK, well for all those who missed it, Barry uploaded a bunch of photos from the after ride barbecue on Jericho Beach:
http://www.meetup.com/vancouver-electric-vehicles/photos/951093/

It was a fun ride and a fun group, but I learned that the combination of several beers and exhausted legs don't make for a very safe return trip home when you're on an electric unicycle.

....CRASH!

Justin

justin_le said:
jonescg said:
Hey Justin,

CHRIS

OK, well for all those who missed it, Barry uploaded a bunch of photos from the after ride barbecue on Jericho Beach:
http://www.meetup.com/vancouver-electric-vehicles/photos/951093/

It was a fun ride and a fun group, but I learned that the combination of several beers and exhausted legs don't make for a very safe return trip home when you're on an electric unicycle.

....CRASH!

Justin
OUCH!

I didn't realise that you're putting that much energy into regen so one battery charge will last months until it needs a top-up.
Just spinning your legs constantly the entire distance to the beach would a wicked work out.
You were pushing a fixed wheel on a mag-trainer!
No wonder your legs are sore.

That was Vancouver's, and possibly the world's first, ebike ride for one, two and three wheeled vehicles.

im going to have to trek across to vancouver for a kilowatt hr ride,ive been meaning to since it started.hopefully this new ebike will be reliable enough. :D

I enjoyed my first Kilowatthour ride! Vancouver sure is a good place to do it. Many thanks to Zoot Katz for lending me one of his machines. I had a blast, and got me considering an e-bike as well as the emoto. Anyway, I dropped in on Grin and introduced my fiancé to the awesome world of E-bikes. She's hooked now :twisted:

Some pics of the machines and the good folks of Endless Sphere...
Dale's Machine in foreground:
bikesandstuff005.jpg

Adam's machine:
bikesandstuff007.jpg

The bike Dale leant me. This was a very nice ride indeed :)
bikesandstuff004.jpg

Thanks for the awesome catch-up guys and gals! Remember if you're passing through Perth on your way to ... err... Antarctica, do let me know and I'll return the hospitality!
Cheers,
CHRIS and KATHERINE

Hi all,

Tonight I jump on the AC33 to Sydney, and then onwards to Perth. Thanks to the KilowattHour ride crew, Dale, Adam, Justin et al. who made my Vancouver visit that little bit more electrifying :)

I'll keep you all posted on the progress of Voltron, which should hopefully be finished in a month or so.

So long Vancouver, and thanks for being such a cool city!

Cheers,

CHRIS
PS Canucks for the win in 2011! ...yeah someone has to hold out hope.

Back