The Willow Springs Carpool thread for socal June 18 '011

Please post here if you have extra room in your truck/car/trike/motorcycle going up to Palmdale. Or post if you need a ride. Post what area you're in and make arrangements here to meet somebody, split gas cost, whatever.. Or find somebody here and take it to PM on the details.

Or you could drive up OC to LA, carpool up with an LA'er the 2nd half of the drive to save some gas money.. I don't plan this far ahead either, but if I go I should be able to borrow a van/trailer and grill/generator/chargers. I don't have a race bike but I may go up to watch.

The kart track is accessed through the regular Main front gate entrance of WSIR.

Edited as requested.

BiMoPed said:
All riders that pay the $21 fee to race or cruise on the track will get a number.
Riders can bring a few pit workers for free too.

Death Race riders were complaining about 15 bucks... :-| Least the
entry to the pits is free thats a bonus! was 10 bucks at DR riding
or not.

BiMoPed said:
We need to get at least 75 paying riders to make this work.

Last Death Race had 36 riders IIRC...good luck with the 75 needed hopefully
there are more SoCal rev head bicyclists that will come 'play' hehe...

Best of luck all...

KiM

I will most likely go to this race. I will definately go if someone makes it to Arizona and we carpool the rest of the way to Cali or I get some Arizona riders to go. I've got some gasser friends that I might be able to drag to SoCal as well. Comm-ooonn, let's get this ball(bike) rolling.... It is up to us to not let this die. When we have people and tracks willing to host and include us, we need to get our bikes there. Let's go!

When the editor of www.ElectricBicyclesMagazine.com goes to Willow Springs he will have room in his fan for one, maybe two riders from the Long Beach/Los Angels area. Share the gas. Keep in mind that my van only gets about 15 mph.

Are there any socal E-Bike riders or spectators going to this event. I woudl like to go but dont want to be the only ebike guy there!

Bill

Bill, I think there are at least 10 ebike riders going if not more...

Back