Super Hybrid Cup 2012 - KMX Astro 3220 vs xlyte 5404

wojtek

100 kW
another Super Hybrid Cup 2012 in May, no info on their website but i saw the date on schwalbe website- it is beginning of May!
anyone planning to take part this year?

I might actually go for it! but i need to decide what vehicle to take. It is a 5km ride out of which 4km is racing with epower and 1km pedalling only.
So very important is:
1. very powerful motor but at the same time as freewheeling as possible
2. right amount of AH to be able to do 4KM of heavy race
3. as light as possible , i dont want to lose all advantage i may get within 4km in the last lap with pedalling only
4. detechable batteries [i can take them out quickly after 4 laps]
5. im on diet from now on - need to lose 3-4kg!!!

Atm im preparing Velokraft e-VK3 for sale, but actually i may wait with it and sell it after the race. It is a carbon recumbent with older turnigy motor, similar to this one:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/__5142__Turnigy_80_100_B_130Kv_Brushless_Outrunner_eq_70_55_.html
50v peak with 44v10ah batteries should be enough? i mean if i take more with high C rate, then they will discharge slower giving me higher V throughout the whole race.

Another alternative - second hand KMX cobra with Cromotor or 5405 on 26inch motor [5405 should have enough torque and good high speed on 26inch wheel i can imagine]

Thanks for your ADVICE!

wojtek said:
another Super Hybrid Cup 2012 in May, no info on their website but i saw the date on schwalbe website- it is beginning of May!
anyone planning to take part this year?

I might actually go for it! but i need to decide what vehicle to take. It is a 5km ride out of which 4km is racing with epower and 1km pedalling only.
So very important is:
1. very powerful motor but at the same time as freewheeling as possible
2. right amount of AH to be able to do 4KM of heavy race
3. as light as possible , i dont want to lose all advantage i may get within 4km in the last lap with pedalling only
4. detechable batteries [i can take them out quickly after 4 laps]
5. im on diet from now on - need to lose 3-4kg!!!

Atm im preparing Velokraft e-VK3 for sale, but actually i may wait with it and sell it after the race. It is a carbon recumbent with older turnigy motor, similar to this one:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/__5142__Turnigy_80_100_B_130Kv_Brushless_Outrunner_eq_70_55_.html
50v peak with 44v10ah batteries should be enough? i mean if i take more with high C rate, then they will discharge slower giving me higher V throughout the whole race.

Another alternative - second hand KMX cobra with Cromotor or 5405 on 26inch motor [5405 should have enough torque and good high speed on 26inch wheel i can imagine]

Thanks for your ADVICE!

Cobra is 2 inches higher from the ground.. si the cornering might be more difficult than with the Typhoon wich use 16" and 20" wheels

My Typhoon is pretty nice for cornering!

Also put the battery right in front of the sear under your legs! this place the weight on the perfect spot... forget placing battery back to the seat!

:wink:
Doc

thanks Doc

as there are 4x 1km laps using the edrive and 1x1km lap using ONLY pedals, 3220 would give me big advantage over the 15kg hub..

I have plenty of 20'' tyres and 36h rims but i see that front hubs in trikes are normally only 32 spokes.

The new 4inch sensored motor Matt is talking about would be a dream ha!

I may have access to very compact but powerful sensored controller, max 250A continous 170A , at 100v nominal. [transistors are for 150v max but there must be a safety margin otherwise things may get south when used to the full capacity]
it would be possible to use 200v transistors but then the current would be limited to 120-130A.

LOL Luke needs to do this race, lap the field three times then cruise to the win actually going considerably slower than the rest of the field! LOL!

Ok, since 2012 the cup takes place in Darmstadt, not in Schaafheim. In 2013 the "Hybrid Days" are on 4.th and 5.th of May.

I'm not sure if there will be a race, i'll ask Riese und Müller tomorrow

Homepage: http://hybrid-days.de/

some impression of 2012: http://vimeo.com/41793870

Back