TTXGP @ PIR, Portland, OR - June 23, 24

frodus

10 kW
Portland International Raceway hosts an Electric Vehicle double header June 23-24, with electric vehicles in action on and off the track
More info:
http://www.evlive.egrandprix.com/ and http://www.egrandprix.com/evlive.php

OMRRA Schedule:
http://www.omrra.com/pdf/OMRRA_Schedule_June-b_2012.pdf

$2 discount:
http://www.omrra.com/pdf/OMRRA_Discount_Card.pdf

I will be there. :)

I'm hopefully bringing deathbike with me too! (not to race in the TTXGP of course, just to be a pitbike)

Hey Frodus! I know they are doing some drag exhibition with white zombie there, do you have contacts to get my deatbike to join the drag exhibition?

I think all you need to do is pay a fee to race.... usually they don't turn people away. Bring full leathers and a helmet.

You need a place to stay? It'd be fun to finally meet you!

frodus said:
I think all you need to do is pay a fee to race.... usually they don't turn people away. Bring full leathers and a helmet.

That's perfect! Woot! Deathbike quartermile racing!

I will PM you about details.

liveforphysics said:
frodus said:

That's perfect! Woot! Deathbike quartermile racing!

I will PM you about details.

Good succes Luke with the drag race :wink: I am impatient to see these numbers!

What are your expections?

Doc

Doctorbass said:

Doc

Thanks Doc. :) I would say my expectations are blood, plasma burns, large amounts of magic smoke, and hours of picking tiny rocks out of various places on my body.

liveforphysics said:
Doctorbass said:

Doc

Thanks Doc. :) I would say my expectations are blood, plasma burns, large amounts of magic smoke, and hours of picking tiny rocks out of various places on my body.

So that's what happened to you & deathbike before the last 1/4 mile tryout??? :p :shock: :twisted:

deVries said:
liveforphysics said:
Doctorbass said:

Doc

So that's what happened to you & deathbike before the last 1/4 mile tryout??? :p :shock: :twisted:

Track didn't allow bicycles.

Maybe contact rupal at ttxgp.com and ask, or contact the guys at http://www.omrra.com/ and http://www.portlandraceway.com/

Hey guys,

If Larry Rineheart is going to be at PIR ask him about his inverters, and what bikes are running his gear. If I recall Motoczysz was using his inverter?

Have fun eh?

CHRIS

Motoczysz and LIghtning as far as I know.

I'll likely run into him and ask for ya Chris.... what do you want to know about them? I've got some contacts that deal with him directly.

I'll take a ton of pics..... I finally get to meet Luke, that ought to be fun!

Huh, for once things are falling into place, I might be able make it to this one

frodus said:
Motoczysz and LIghtning as far as I know.

I'll likely run into him and ask for ya Chris.... what do you want to know about them? I've got some contacts that deal with him directly.

Ask if he'd be interested in answering his emails :lol: no seriously, just happy to know more about them, and whether he'd like to support Team Voltron for the Australian eFX / TTXGP. I think his inverter is still the only option I have. I'll be hammering the system pretty hard, so it needs to be race-proof.

Thanks Trav!

damn this looks awesome to bad i don't have an electric fixie for all the Portland hipsters.

Is there a list of the bikes in the ttx that are actually going to show? might be worth the 7 hour drive

Motoczysz, Brammo, Zero, Proto Moto (Ely Schless) and the VT Bolt team were all there, 9 bikes total. There were 4 zero motorcycles racing, 2 Motoczysz, one Brammo, one VT Bolt team and Ely's bike.

Some really fast times for the Brammo and Czysz bikes.

Czysz bowed out due to some pack problems, so 7 bikes raced.

Brammo won 1st
VT team got 2nd
Ely got 3rd
The zero bikes all finished pretty close to eachother.

Was a blast, I'm sunburnt and tired....

Was really fun to meet Liveforphysics (Luke) and see his deathbike... damn that thing is fast!

Zero may have finished last, but they're the only team running 4 bone stock production motorcycles (except for tires and maybe some gearing) out of the entire TTXGP (and any other electric race series for that matter).... they're not trying to race the big guys.

I didn't take a ton of pics, but here's a few:
http://www.evfr.net/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=65

I'll be loading video sometime soon to youtube.

hahaha nice!

My little blurb from Elmoto.net

Man that was a blast. Met a bunch of the Brammo guys and saw Brian Wissman again. Met up with Ely Schless after not seeing him since the days of Barefoot motors. Finally met Luke (Liveforphysics) and Screamingflea (VT Bolt team). Got to hang out with all of the teams quite a bit and got some fun footage of the bikes.
The bikes ran well and it was really fun to watch the Brammo and Motoczysz bikes fly down the track. Just the practice on Saturday was a blast!

The MC bike was beautiful (and fast as hell) and it was the first time I've seen their bike in person since 2009. The design of the new bike was really well executed and it seemed that the bike ran well in practice. Unfortunately, there was a catastrophic failure of the battery pack. Due to concerns about the battery, Michael bowed out from the race on Sunday. I was bummed, I really wanted to see Michael race.

The Brammo bike is awesome and really takes off out of the corners. They've really done a great job and have some great people working with them on the project. Saw a few familiar faces on their pit crew. So nice that another of the big players in this arena is from Oregon.

The VT bolt bike is barely recognizable as an electric! It was fun hanging out with the team, it was like being back in Blacksburg. I wish I could be back there now and work on projects like this. They had the Kollmorgan people there and they were giving full support. Great to see large companies like that take interest in college teams. That is exactly the thing that will help push the tech!

The Zeros were all bone stock with lights and charger removed. They all ran consistent times and were usually within 1 second of eachother's lap times. The motors stayed cool, there weren't any issues that I heard of or saw. Really good to see that a production bike is basically race ready.
Ely's RS150 had Brammo batteries in there with an AC15 and was running with a water spray to cool it, liquid cooling on the controller, Cell-logs to monitor charging with a deltaQ.

The EV live thing was nice. Got to see John Wayland's Zombie, Bob Simpson's BMW and a conversion of an offroad sand dune 4-wheeler with headway and synkromotive controller. There were a few Leaf's and a couple Volt's (One was Brian's).

I got to take some footage at the corners of the track in the media area and I'll work on posting those along with a few pictures.

It was really great to see the turnout from all of the teams. 9 bikes at the practice and 7 in the race, I think it was a success, even if it didn't turn out well for some, that's racing! I'm sure Michael will turn our heads again.... he doesn't give up, that's for sure.

Some awesome onboard footage of close racing! This event rocked!

[youtube]7UZtUVhj5pg[/youtube]

I'm at work, so I can't embed (Youtube blocked), so here's my profile page:

www.youtube.com/user/frodus17

Feel free to help me embed them, otherwise I'll do that tonight.

Back