Melb Australia Group ride Sat 10th Nov 2012

Samd

10 MW
Hey folks,
as proposed by Adrian some time back, let's 'do the yarra boat house thang'.
I propose the Saturday after Melb Cup, gives you a holiday to blow the winter cobwebs off your liPo horse.

I further propose (doing it a lot eh) that anyone wanting to meet can meet at Fed square at say 10am and ride 14km to the Abbottsford Convent by say 10.40:
http://tinyurl.com/9bhejwf

Depart the Abbottsford Convent at 11am to go 3km to the Studley park Boathouse (hope I have the paths right, google beta)
http://tinyurl.com/9jjlyvh

I guess we can either grab lunch there at say 11.30 before the crowds, or carry on for the next leg of :
Depart the Studley park Boathouse at ???? to go 5.7km to the Fairfield Boathouse:
http://tinyurl.com/9fn6umc
...then get lunch at the end and ride about like the loons we are and trade ideas and opinions.

Post below and share your thoughts. Democracy and all that jazz....

SD

Hi Sam,
Count me in.

Hi Guys, nice to meet you :)
Sam introduced me to your group, after threatening to buy a motor from us ( www.rev-bikes.com )
I'm an enthusiastic electric bike builder, and am excited to discover a group of like-minded fella's right here in Melbourne! Can't wait to scare off the lycra in good company!
Count 2 of us in for the full ride on Saturday November 10.

Look forward to meeting y'all :mrgreen:
RevBecca

Hey Bec, I think i saw you at the ATA's conference on electric bikes at Swinburne, Hawthorn. There were a few of us there.

Unfortunately, I will be in Argentina on this date. Next time.

Hi folks.
I'm in.
Another thought is a few laps of the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix track. It's easy to get to off season & could be fun.

AussieRider.

thanks for the invite Samd; I'd like to attend, but still not sure if I'll be able to ride again safely by then.

Been PT to work and haven't driven the car or ridden the bike since I broke my arm on 6 July - while it's healing, it's a slow slow slow process. Might just have the brace off (hopefully end Oct - that'll be close enought to 4 months in the damn thing!). We'll see. Like the route though! Fairfield Boathouse is just across the tracks from me! Where did you get the bike route .kmz for google maps? I haven't seen that before...

Sorry to hear that Kabbage. Don't be afraid to met up with us at a stop. We can call on approach.

Something that might be interesting to film would be a voluntary drag race off the line if anyone's interested. Not so much who wins as a way to show relative performance of different setups at WOT.
Just an idea....

Hi guys, I would love to come but I'm in the middle of build number two. I will be working hard to get it to a running state so I can come, might be it first run. :D
Thanks for the invite. Greg.

I'll bring my pedelec too Tesla. Just the sensor, I unbolted it a few years ago, I'll pop it in your beer when you aren't looking :twisted: :p

Yeah. Probably go tomorrow. Might take a decent camera along this time, rather than rely on my iphone.

full-throttle said:
t3sla said:
anyone going Ausbike?
Planning on going tomorrow. Can't be stuffed going on public days. Big S will be there.
What about yourself?

Nice :D

Come by booth six, check out the AP bike and say wassup! (might be gone by mid arvo)

Amusingly we share a partition wall with stealth, needless to say worlds apart :p

50 bucks to your favourite charity Tesla if you do the group ride on a postie bike with full outfit :p

Samd said:
50 bucks to your favourite charity Tesla if you do the group ride on a postie bike with full outfit :p

Too easy, need something difficult like an orange prison jump suit or a chewbacca outfit...

Ride as Chewbacca you must. There is no try. :shock:

How many watts to the wookie-per-hour?
TPM-CGYoda.JPG

question
anyone have FT's mobile?
Pls pm, I have his bike UND don't have a mobile to contact him :eek:

Back