nanocycle.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 1,452
  • psbikes.jpg
    psbikes.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,452
  • yuba-bionx.jpg
    yuba-bionx.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,452
I see Maurice still hasn't cleaned his bike after the epic ride :)

This was my first Ausbike, and it was quite interesting. A huge contrast to Eurobike. Eurobike was massive and almost overwheleming with a huge ebike presence, pretty much every stand that sold bikes had a range of ebikes. Showing off every model you could imagine.

Ausbike in contrast felt small and cosy. You had to search for the ebikes, and then there were only a small selection. Probably a good reflection in the difference in markets. Europe has a huge market that is really accepting of the ebikes with an established presence and willing market. In Australia it still feels like a cottage industry.

Stealthwere there cramped in a little booth brimming with Bombers and Fighters. Was great to chat with Maurice and Abraham from Glowworm Cycles, and hear all about Maurice's latest epic adventure, and the general low down on what working in the trenches of an ebike store is like. There was also the usual smattering of Bionx bikes, and various chinese import bikes.

I took a Bionx for a spin. First time I had tried one of these pedelecs. You get to set the assist to 1 of 4 levels, then when the bike sense you are pedalling hard enough it kicks in the power. Very intuitive for a novice, and the power level are moderate enough not to scare anyone. But not exactly inspiring performance, especially when on a slow/heavy comfort style bike.

The bikes that stood out most for me were the Envimotion Envimoutain bikes. These were designed in Australia, and the guys are getting there frames built for them (in China I think), to make a nice looking, and street legal bike. So "200w" front hub, and Nuvinci IGH at the back, automatic dark sensing lights.
file.php

Also the Emotion Neo range. With frame integrated batteries, chain tension sensing dropout, and a really neat looking bike.
Still 22kg. But pretty enough to tempt me if I had no motivation to build my own and wanted a stock legal bike.

neo-cross.jpg

The rest of the ebikes were pretty familiar stuff. Not many of the new EN15194 bikes (that were everywhere at Eurobike) yet, probably because the new laws have only just been approved by Victoria, let alone the rest of the country, so there is no reason for anyone to be stocking them yet.

Anyway here are few photos of mainly non-ebikes stuff I snapped, including a pretty cool bamboo bike a mate of mine made.

Old Bikes

DSC_4282.JPG

DSC_4283.JPG

DSC_4285.JPG

DSC_4287.JPG

DSC_4288.JPG

DSC_4289.JPG

DSC_4290.JPG

Brendyn's Bamboo Bike
DSC_4292.JPG

DSC_4294.JPG

A wood/metal work of art
DSC_4295.JPG

DSC_4297.JPG

DSC_4298.JPG

Emotion Neo
DSC_4312.JPG

DSC_4307.JPG
DSC_4308.JPG

Cool chain tension sensing dropout
DSC_4310.JPG
DSC_4311.JPG

Old Skool
DSC_4314.JPG

DSC_4317.JPG

DSC_4318.JPG

DSC_4320.JPG

A few more pics from Friday:
stealth.jpg
Small but busy Stealth stand

View attachment 5
RevBecca's folding e-bike

es1.jpg
More Endless-Sphere people 8)

emotion2.jpg
Bafang BPM on E-Motion

And some non-electric:
gates.jpg
Gates center-track sprocket

van.jpg
Titanium goodness

ssbd.jpg
How many lipo bricks would fit in there..

psbikes2.jpg
Mmm LSD :mrgreen:

Back