Perth Australia Group Ride date Sat 17 November 2012 10am

Spicerack

10 kW
Ok, here are the details:

Where: Garrett Road bridge carpark at the rowing club (same as last year)

When: Saturday 17 November, 10.00am

Route: cross Garrett bridge, head along river past Burswood, round the river via South Perth, cross over at the Narrows bridge, back along the river (with possible detour for foreshore works), all the way round to East Perth then back to Bayswater.

Possible stopoffs are at: the Lucky Shag- plenty of outdoors tables and area for the bikes, or the Royal in East Perth, or the Maylands Golf Club?

If we don't want to do a stopoff then just crack a few coldies at the park on our return, and fire the barbie up for whatever food you bring. Should be a nice day- 32 forecast.... 8)

Now that the beautiful weather is upon us, how about a get together, ride, BBQ, beers etc? I saw Matt out walking today and we both agreed it was about time.

My thoughts are to start at the same place as before (Garrett Rd Bridge carpark), ride to Bayswater, then on to town, round the river, back through Burswood and then back to Garrett Rd Bridge again.

We could then fire up the barbie at the park or go elsewhere, and also consideration must be given to stopping off for refreshments on the way (to cool the motors down of course).

Probably in the next week or two on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

Takers?

Sounds good to me but no bike, and no end in sight I'm afraid, need controller and gearbox however, if Matts happy to ride his cargo bike I'll hop in the front of that if he's game?..could do some filming from the bike too!

Shall give him a call ..

KiM

I've got stuff on next weekend (21st) and I will be at the AEVA AGM in Sydney on the following weekend (26th-28th). But the weekend after is free thus far :)

I'm free this weekend.

But then I'm not in perth until november 10+11th.

Damn work keeps interrupting my social life.

I'm keen, ill work in with everyone.

AussieJester said:
Sounds good to me but no bike, and no end in sight I'm afraid, need controller and gearbox however, if Matts happy to ride his cargo bike I'll hop in the front of that if he's game?..could do some filming from the bike too!

KiM

I have an old electric trike if you want to borrow it Kim. Needs a battery. Its factory one won't hold charge. I have a spare 36 volt will try on the weekend to get it going on the trike.

Please tell me it has a frock motor on it- that would be the best thing, seeing Kim riding a frock :twisted:

Thanks for the offer Rodney but ll pass... and yes Frock=Hub Motor

Explains the whole "Frock" motor thing

HUB-cover.jpg

Or you could Wiki "Frock motor" too LOL (scroll bottom of page)

@Andy HAHA NEVER happen buddy well, unless the frock is midmounted running through some gears
this black duck dont do single speed e-bikes :mrgreen: :p ...

KiM

How about jumping on the Melbourne bandwagon and having the ride on Sat 10th November as well? Kim, would that give you enough time...I'm thinking not...

Get a job ya bum! :wink:

That's the thing. I love being unemployed at the moment- getting stuff done around the house, but cashflow issues are starting to rear their ugly head......no cash=no toyz which is no good at all!

Kim riding frock powered ha, be like him riding a scooter, as long he's not seen,
I only have an untested 10ah headway pack to strap on so distance may be an issue but heck eh! love these rides so count me in

Sat 10 November. Start at Garrett Rd bridge.

Exact route and start time etc tba- suggestions? 9.30? 10.00?

Well, if we're doing 10th Nov I'm in.
10am is cool.

There is the 4WD & Caravan Expo at MaCallum Park, so not thru there!

Round the river then a race around the island at Ascot. And then I'd be up for BBQ sausages in bread and beers at Garret Rd.

1000w said:
1000w wrote:
I can do Sat 27th Oct or Sun 4th Nov.

I'm working on the 10th Nov, I'll catch you at the next one.

I know getting all to go is always going to be difficult but seeing as Matt can't make 10/11 why not try 17th or 4th? easy for me though as I make my work arrangements

Guilty of not reading Matt's post properly! Sorry mate!

I'm easy at this stage. Sunday 4th or two weekends afterwards (Matt would that suit you?)

andynogo said:
I'm easy at this stage. Sunday 4th or two weekends afterwards (Matt would that suit you?)
Thanks Andy, I'm not working on Sat 17th Nov so I can ride on this morning.
Cheers,

Sweet.

My roster is currently 8 on /6 off /4 on/3 off so I'm home 17th Nov also.

If everyone else is cool change the title of the thread from date TBA to Nov 17.

Hi Lads,

I can't make this one, as I'm off with the family to NZ between 1-17th of Nov. Looking forward to the next one now the weather is a bit nicer.

Cheers,

Simon.

November 17th is good with me. If anyone needs a 74 V, 17 Ah pack in time for the ride, I've got one ready. Comes with a 7 amp 84 V max charger. Should be able to do two laps of the river with 1.25 kWh of juice!

OK so 17th. Apologies to this who can make it- Matt and I had the original plan so I should set the date so he can actually make it!

Of course I may not be able to come along now I'm out of work and may be getting some short term work up north for a month or two and can't afford to turn it down!

Whatever. That was always a risk factor for me-the money is more important than having fun unfortunately!

Thread title changed. :wink:

Back