Perth Endless-Sphere WAGs ride 2nd December / AEVA Picnic!

jonescg

100 MW
Calling all Perth electric vehicle enthusiasts and e-bikers!

On Sunday the 2nd of December, the AEVA Perth branch will be hosting a barbecue picnic down by the South Perth Foreshore. Things are kicking off here at about 12 pm and anyone who owns an EV is welcome to attend. We'll be meeting at the Coode St / Douglas Ave car park.

Also, the Perth Endless-Sphere community was thinking of having a group ride about then. So I suggest we meet up at Garret St Bridge and go for a leisurely ride around the river to South Perth and meet up at 12 pm for a barbecue. Wives, girlfriends, daughters and mothers welcome. Especially if they have an e-bike too.

Bring your own beers and barbecue lunch, and of course, a big hat cause it's going to be warm and sunny :D

The following Monday night there will be a screening of "Revenge of the Electric Car" at the Perth Cultural Centre, and there will be a few fliers out reminding people of this cheap event.

See you there!

Sounds good! See you there Chris- if you make it! :twisted:

Turns out I have my dad's 70th "celebration" at Matilda bay that day- but I'll endeavour to make it on part of the ride or meet- I'll probably ebike it to the bay and back so depending in timing I may be able to ride with you guys.

Rodney, I was thinking we could leave from Garret St and arrive at South Perth Foreshore by 12 for the bbq. Katherine and I will be travelling by e-bike, so no need to return to the bridge.

I should be able to make it, i'll ask the Minister of War and Finance if she'd like to come along :)

Paul :D

Looking forward to another fun day out. Katherine has said she would come along but ONLY if we could guarantee a nice few hours of not rambling on and on about ebikes. So try to mix the conversation up a bit, you know talk about your feelings or something... :lol: BYO beers and BBQ-ables.

Also don't forget that on Monday evening the AEVA and SEN are screening Revenge of the Electric Car at the Perth Cultural Centre. There will be a Nissan Leaf on display, as well as a Holden Volt and hopefully Hans will bring his Tesla. Lots of conversions will be on display too. Linky here: http://www.sen.asn.au/revenge

I have an engagement to go to tomoro at 1 so won't be riding it in but will drop in for a look in then over to hillaries

Do try and catch up with the AEVA barbecue, there are some neat conversions and a couple of production cars too. Otherwise, it's Rodney, Andy and myself and Katherine...

Ok Chris sounds like a good day. I have an 8am breakfast at kingspark. JDRF ride gettogether aiming to get dropped off at 10am at the Garrett Road bridge and planning on riding home.

See you guys at the bridge, 10am.

Guys, had a fast run home. 45 minutes to Landsdale from south Perth, went though the city and up William street. 60ks most of the way. Actually I like this motor more Andy even though it hasn't got the top speed. Keeps cooler and maintains 60K. Will put up a video tomorrow on my Phasor site. Actually got the bit on video of the Licra rider but camera facing the other way. Rod

I got some photo's of the EV's, didn't get a ride in today but was still enjoyed

Attachments

• evIMG320.jpeg
    evIMG320.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 2,781
  • evIMG322.jpeg
    evIMG322.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,781
  • evIMG323.jpg
    evIMG323.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,781
  • evIMG321.jpeg
    evIMG321.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 2,781
I reckon Dave's Renault would have to be the nations most photographed EV :lol:

Great day for it, shame more women and girls didn't come along. Katherine was a tad bored...

Your mate certainly seems keen on EVs. I had to set him straight about the laws of thermodynamics a few times, but yeah he's keen on e-motorbikes, and that's cool.

Ah it was a Renault!
yeah ole Ron boy has had a few high powered motor bikes in the past and is now mad keen on electric road bikes thats why pointed him to you seeing as you race at ttxgp, he'll be buying something soon

jonescg said:
Great day for it, shame more women and girls didn't come along. Katherine was a tad bored...
Sorry Chris, we tried! Mel's back was too crook for a long ride so we loaded the bikes on the ute and drove to the city looking for ya's.
We drove past the Mustang and admired it, not noticing "electric" written on the side stripe...
Not being able to see anyone and no parking available at the time to stop and have a better look (man it was busy there), we disapointingly headed home :roll:

Paul :)

Back