Perth Electrikhana, March 10th 2013

jonescg

100 MW
To all Perth enthusiasts of electric propulsion,

On March 10th, the Perth branch of the Australian Electric Vehicle Association will be holding another Electrikhana at the RAC Driving centre, Grogan Drive, Perth International Airport.

It has become the premiere event for the general public to jump inside an electric vehicle and take it for a spin in a safe, insured location. This year, Holden will be hosting test-rides in the Volt, Mitsubishi with the iMiEV and Nissan with the Leaf. Lots of DIY conversions to go around too. Even the E-max 110s scooters I dropped the A123 packs into are also available for a ride, but hold on :D

The highlight of this years Electrikhana is the opportunity for E-bikers to strut their stuff on the tarmac. We have both skidpans at the testing facility booked, so by cordoning off one skidpan we can host time trials of people's e-bikes. Prizes will be offered! There are some basic rules - wear a motorcycle helmet, long pants and a protective jacket, and your bike must have pedals that work. That's all :)

Entry for the public is $10, $5 for members of the AEVA (you can join here: http://www.aeva.asn.au/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=1)

Vendors who aren't corporate members of the association will be charged $100 to attend, so the incentive to join is fairly obvious :)

The next Perth AEVA meeting will be held on the 12th of February at Curtin University, Physical Sciences Building starting from 7 pm. We will be planning the Electrikhana in greater detail so come along if you would like to lend a hand.

See you there!

Chris

All ebikes are welcome, they just need functional pedals :)

We don't have permission to do racing unfortunately, but we are allowed to do time trials provided lots of safety precautions are followed. We don't want someone losing skin at 60 km/h or more, and we want to keep holding Electrikhanas each year too. Come along to the meeting on the 12th of Feb and help plan the day!

I got the message that you'd joined :) The system is working!

Should be a fun day. And when it's up to me to organise the whole show (since no-one else tends to volunteer for these things...) I get to choose the fun stuff like e-bike racing etc :D

nawwwwh, jealous.

Would cost me the same amount there and back with bike as it would to go to Taipei bike show in March :(

Straya, why you so big :cry:

ya'll hava fun and take heaps of pics.

You should join your local AEVA branch and organise one! The association is run entirely by volunteers with more passion for EVs than time, but slightly more time than money.

I've been to a meeting and my boss has spoke at one :p

Hopefully in the second half of the year I can be more active as it is a good platform for ebike events and there are lots of cool clued in people.

The following weekend is this Giro d' Perth, anyone interested an electric team?

http://www.girodperth.com.au/

Ill be there CHRiS with or without my e-bike, hopefully with though things are progressing nicely...

KiM

deepfraught said:
The following weekend is this Giro d' Perth, anyone interested an electric team?

http://www.girodperth.com.au/

That looks like it could be a lot of fun!

Kim - would be great to have you there mate. You got your car license yet? Then again, you could practically ride there from High Wy and have a stack of juice left.

Sigh, I've been organising this thing entirely by myself with no offers to help, and what do I get at last night's meeting? Criticism about how it's being run ant what it will cost :roll: FFS volunteer organisations run out of charitable people fairly quickly for a good reason.

Hi all,

The flier is done. feel free to email me on christophergrahamjones@gmail.com if you want a pdf copy to print and put up at work.

Cheers,
Chris

Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG

jonescg said:
Kim - would be great to have you there mate. You got your car license yet? Then again, you could practically ride there from High Wy and have a stack of juice left.

I could ride there from Lesmurdie and still have 3/4 my pack left teehehe but yeah will likely ride from Karans at High Wycombe fo' sho...long as bikes ready, wanna show Rodney how quick his Phrasor isnt against a non frock multi speed setup teehehe

KiM

AussieJester said:
jonescg said:

I could ride there from Lesmurdie and still have 3/4 my pack left teehehe but yeah will likely ride from Karans at High Wycombe fo' sho...long as bikes ready, wanna show Rodney how quick his Phrasor isnt against a non frock multi speed setup teehehe

KiM

I'm sure well meet sometime Kim.

Just found out about this. Im in. I just booked the day off :mrgreen: . Shame my new ebike wont be ready in time.

With all these cancelled runners I might have a chance, better rustle up something to have a crack.

Is that your three-speed switch? :twisted:

Yes it's shaping up to be a good one. It's been a metric shit-ton of work to organise, but hopefully it will get better as the years tick by. Next major adjustment will be to host it on a Saturday do the dealers can come along. They have all piked on me because it's a Sunday, and they don't work Sundays :roll:

I'll probably have my e-bike there once I repair the two flat tyres, otherwise I'll have one of several e-max scooters at my disposal. Bring an extension lead so you can recharge while you're there. The charging facilities are woefully inadequate.

Hope to see ALL of you WA crew out there!

Cheers,
Chris

Dammit. Working. I'll be thinking of you guys from the road somewhere north of Perth!

BUMP!

This is tomorrow from noon! I know several e-bike builds won't be able to make it out because of work commitments, but my trusty cell_man bike will be there, as will some of Rodney's bikes. Hopefully Matt Timmins will have his bikes there too.

Lots of iMiEVs, Leafs, Volts and conversions to try out, along with a stack of electric scooters.

Should be a hoot, so come on down!

RAC Driving Centre
46 Grogan Road, Perth International Airport

CHRIS

[youtube]xBgQ75ihStw[/youtube]

Falco: on his Hyena hardon 4065 running 26 inch wheels not sure of the battery but 18 fet controller
Solabike: running his 4080 at 96 volt with 29 inch wheels, 45 amp crystalyte controller sensored.

And

Jonescg:,trying hard to keep up. Mac 48 volt

And

A couple of scooters which had no show.

HAHA ..yeah we were just leaving when CHRiS had finished the
lap, he was puffing hard LoL... Was great event good job organizing it CHRiS
nice variety of home brew electric cars along with the new models. I was impressed
with some of the work the DiYers did though, some very nice conversions rolling around ;)
Very friendly organizers too, i find alot of electric 'whater,' enthusiasts are
quite passionate about the 'cause' great to see .. I had a great afternoon anywayz, look
forward to the next one... ;)

KiM

Back