Melbourne EV EXPO Saturday April 13

RevHead

1 mW
Hi Peeps,
The Melbourne EV Branch of the ATA (Alternative Technology Association) is hosting an EV Expo at Swinburne Uni Hawthorn Campus in the all weather Atrium and surrounds.
From Electric cars both converted and those straight from the major and some minor manufacturers to Electric Bikes, electric couches, electric trikes, in fact we are hoping to have Victoria's largest convergence of electric cars ever!!

Come bring your electric what ever and enter it into the Show'n'Shine competition to win prizes.

Please spread the word and come yourself to see, hear and experience the future of EVs in Melbourne.
Food and drink plus speakers and test rides in cars and bikes will be available and encouraged

Here are some links

You can also contact me, Dean the Convenor on 0401 347 049 for more info

https://www.facebook.com/events/493100077392072/?fref=ts
http://www.ata.org.au/branches/melbourne-ev-branch/

Attachments

• Melb ATA EV Branch.jpg
    Melb ATA EV Branch.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,708
Yeah I just work around the corner on Glenferrie rd, I ebike in every day. Saturdays not a work day for me but I can't help but see my self as anything but lazy not to cruise in. Could show off my ebike as well even though its quite ordinary for an ebike. But I did put a new fat tyre on the front :p

Wicked !!!!
It should be a good day out.
There will be a nice range of EVs there to kick the tyres of and have a spin in.
Vehicles on display will be.......
Holden Volt
Nissan Leaf
Mitsubishi IMIEV
Evolvo
Crown all electric bus
Solar Dog Antarctic Exploration Vehicle
Aurora Solar Race Car
Swinburne Engineering Open Wheeler Race Car
Stealth Bikes
Skateboards
Outboard Boat Motors from Torqeedo in a bathtub
Festival Couch 5kW Electric Couch
Our humble range of REV converted bikes too

There will be food and drink too (vego peeps like myself will be catered for)

Deano Good Brew will be there with his trike and magic tea

There is the opportunity to vote for your fave vehicle and go in the draw for a prize,... yes a prize!!! (shhhhh it's an EV) - (1/10 scale tho)

Enter the Show'n'Shine and gloat over your inspired garage creation

So please spread the word through your networks so we can save money on advertising and not blow our tiny budget, we run on sweat though our vehicles run on electrickery. :)

Dean G
Convenor
ATA EV Branch Melbourne

call me if you need more info 0401 347 049

Bit sad I can't be there folks - nephew's birthday. Have a blast and EV it up!

Sam.

Any pics folks? Bit of a bummer about the weather...

I enjoyed the expo a lot. Plan was to spend an hour and ended up staying for about 5 :). Great to catch up with quite a few ES members at the expo and check out plenty of Ebikes and some excellent EVs. Sorry, no pictures Sam but you would have liked it. Does that help :) :p

Thanks to Revhead and team for organizing a great event.

Are over legal power custom ebikes allowed to go to the expo ? And was their any police waiting at the exits :p

Inside the venue
2013-04-13 12.29.55.jpg

Outside test area
2013-04-13 13.29.10.jpg

Was fun catching up with everyone and the event went really well kudos :wink:

Yeah was a fun day tho I hardly got a chance to get out from behind my stall...

It would appear that lot's of examples of Tech (broken down motors, Different controllers, battery examples) attracts hordes of grumpy old men like possums to soggy cat food...

Blimey they were everywhere!

Alas too, it appears as though someone half-inched my brand new Grincyclery 20 amp controller which is a bugger on two counts, one 'cos I hadn't had a chance to play with it yet, and it was a CA direct plug in n all, and 2 the effing thing set me back a pretty penny and I feel like a freakin dufus for having it out where (apparently) some turd could just slip it into their pocket...

Made for an expensive finish to the day... Sigh

BUT I"LL BE BACK!
EDIT: FOUND!!!! I musta packed it in one of the kit boxes.... Phhheeeewww... it woulda been shitty on so many levels otherwise

Joe

winkinatcha said:
Yeah was a fun day tho I hardly got a chance to get out from behind my stall...

It would appear that lot's of examples of Tech (broken down motors, Different controllers, battery examples) attracts hordes of grumpy old men like possums to soggy cat food...

Blimey they were everywhere!

few, I though it was just me that noticed that.

winkinatcha said:
Alas too, it appears as though someone half-inched my brand new Grincyclery 20 amp controller which is a bugger on two counts, one 'cos I hadn't had a chance to play with it yet, and it was a CA direct plug in n all, and 2 the effing thing set me back a pretty penny and I feel like a freakin dufus for having it out where (apparently) some turd could just slip it into their pocket...

Made for an expensive finish to the day... Sigh

BUT I"LL BE BACK!

Joe

That's messed up, if I were to guess I'd say someone took it because it was shiny and small as I Doubt they knew what it was...
I mean the 300A Kelly was right there :shock:

False Alarm!

Sorry guys... I just unpacked one of the wheel kits and found it in there!...!!! Oh farout I am so happy, I've been really devastated for the last couple of hours...

Joe

winkinatcha said:
False Alarm!

Sorry guys... I just unpacked one of the wheel kits and found it in there!...!!! Oh farout I am so happy, I've been really devastated for the last couple of hours...

Joe

I wanted to suggest that you had done something to this effect, but figured you would get stroppy :lol:

Gab said:
Are over legal power custom ebikes allowed to go to the expo ? And was their any police waiting at the exits :p
I think I only remember one bike that clearly had a motor that was small enough to be true 250w. Was an Asian guy with a mini gng style crank drive setup.
There were more MP3 motor bikes at the expo that you could ride then anything else.

Hello Peeps,
Thank you everyone who turned up at the Expo.
It was the first one organised by the ATA EV Group Melbourne (are you a member? why not? we don't bite....only on request).
As the Convenor of the group I'd like to thank the Secretary (my partner, CEO of REV-Bikes and workaholic) for being the centre around which evryone else revolved.
The day was a success if judged by the level of engagement of attendees. Due to us spending virtually nothing on promo apart from a few posters photocopied, we had a relatively small turnout BUT those that came stayed for hours as was mentioned above in a previous post.
Next year, with more publicity, a greater and earlier involvement by the Council, the Uni and our members, we could easily grow the number of attendees by a factor of 10.
If more had turned up our sparse but dedicated vollies would have been worked to death.
Test rides were popular and it wasn't just a bunch of rubbernecking free loaders but those seriously considering an EV.
Many thanks to the presenters who spoke on a range of topics.
Here is the link to the videos of those presentations ...... http://www.youtube.com/user/ATAMelbourneEVGroup/videos

I will repost the lovely pics taken and displayed above on the ATA EV Group Melb facecrack site and the EV Expo 2013 event page if that's ok.

With a budget of about $1500, we think we did alright.
Sales were made, interest was genuine and high, links were made, prizes won, information shared, EVs seen and ridden, smiles seen on faces, bums seen on seats and generally a good time had by all.

A survey was conducted, it was on the Show'n'Shine voting form, those results will be shared amongst ATA EV Group Members and all those that participated in the event.

Thanks to NUGreen Solutions for sponsorship, Swinburne for hosting, all stallholders, the ATA head office, all the companies and individuals who brought their EVs along, Deano GoodBrew for drinks, Beraldo Coffee for the caffiene, the AEVA, Paul, Bryce, Felix, all other involved members plus Adrian Cowan for doing all the video and putting it on youtube so promptly and professionally, and YOU for turning up.
Love ya guts
Dean

Here are the winners of the Judges awards plus the one peoples' choice award that went to a converted Giant MTB

Best mass produced electric car: Holden Volt
Best converted electric car: E-Volvo
Best alternative electric vehicle: Swinburne formula SAE vehicle
Best mass produced electric bike: Hirun
Best converted electric bike: Pegasus tandem
People's choice: number 20

Back