Perths next group ride Sunday May 5

I've finally got my old boxer beamer ready for licensing and booked to have inspection on wednesday so if it passes there is a good chance I may be heading for a country town on sunday otherwise will join in

mark

just a suggestion seeing as you are nearer the ocean Rodney a coastal ride would be ok

I will be dependent upon Mr 1000w aka Matt.P (usually...unless anyone else would like
to pick me up from High Wycombe on the way through?) i can't get to
Garret Rd Bridge otherwise, and then do the ride and get home... i'm afraid...

KiM

I'd be up for another ride. Might have to bring a back-up battery, unless we find another mid-ride refreshment point where I can top up :)

damn, I'm out on FIFO this weekend, and away the following for ANZAC day long weekend. Then FIFO again, then Melbourne for a holiday on 19th May. Life is really a bitch.

But I'm free May 25th!

Hope you all have a great e-ride. Will be great to see KiM sweet new ride.

Greg

Funny that Chris the batteryman will need the charge stops, I might too though, good to see Kims ride is sorted and would be great to see it close

Doubt ill be there i shorted a couple of wires this morning playing with new throttle interface
and frocked my 18fet controller...tried fixing it couple opped caps replaced but its still not working...depressed.

KiM

Working this weekend and the next. :-(

Great, I may be able to make that, I overlooked that weekend in the calendar.

Now just decide a time and place. Around the river or coast?

From Swanbourne Beach down to Left Bank or north to Hillarys?

Hey, funny last time I couldn't make it because of a family trip to NZ, this time a work trip to Rome :| I don't travel that much, the rides are pretty sporadic!

dingoEsride said:
Funny that Chris the batteryman will need the charge stops, I might too though, good to see Kims ride is sorted and would be great to see it close

Agree, would love to see the ChromoCruiSer up close. I hope Kim gets it on the road for you guys to check out. And yeah, I think Chris-the-battery-man did mention bringing a spare battery instead of charging earlier on in the thread ...

sico said:
would love to see the ChromoCruiSer up close. I hope Kim gets it on the road

He got it going then not, a short or something :roll: but may be good by may

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41169&start=250

^^ Correct, controller had a short and made the frame 'live' when i accidentally touched the throttle wires i was hooking upto Zombies throttle interface it put 75v through the throttle lines into the controller popping caps and whatever else that made it run. Fullthrottle generously agreed to check it out and see if he can fix it ThudSTeR the champ has already dispatched another 18fet Infineon controller kit, i just need to pop on some caps diodes wires and fets, program it and pop it on the bike, hrmz...doesn't sound so bad when i type it out should be shoe in for May ride :roll: Neeed to get it pumping to give Rodney a drag, she was hitting 75km/hr pretty quickly and the controller wasn't even close to full power teehehe watch out Mr Rodney :mrgreen: :p

KiM

I'm open to suggestions on dates and locations.

At this stage its the 5th of May. Garrett Road bridge was the start of the last ride.

One suggestion of either starting at Hillary's or observation city.

Weather is looking good for the weekend! Slight easterly predicted.

http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/forecasts/perth.shtml

I'm keen to try a different route, and the coast looks like a goer. Where shall we meet? Bear in mind I'll need to get there early and charge up. My Cell-Man pack is starting to give me gremlins :x Paralleled cell tabs are starting to pop off, effectively giving me half the capacity! I might yet get the LiPo pack in there...

Ok Chris, if we start from observation city and head to Hilary's and back to or city. How's that sound. 11am start ok. Into sure if there's any PowerPoints around but I'm sure there will be around free BBQ areas.

Best of luck guys, I'll be in the next one.

I've agreed to join my missus in a swing dancing class. Because I'm stupid.

Since it was beginning to look like just Rodney and me, it might be best if we postpone it. My e-bike is no more.

It had been cutting out due to bad connections on the spotwelded tabs. I had fixed the pack once already at KiM's place but it's obviously popped off again :(

So I decided to rip it out and pull the pack apart. Pedal power for me now!

I will be selling the stuff in the used section of the forum, so keep an eye out for about 60 2.2 Ah, 26650 cylindrical cells (A123). I also have a 16s LiFePO4 BMS and a battery box to suit any triangular pack.

Back