AUS - Melbourne summer rides

rp3

100 W
How about some of you softies come out for a ride over the holidays? ;)

Zero notice on this one, but I'm going out to Westerfolds/Candlebark in about 1-1.5 hours to get an off road fix before the rain starts. I'll start from Finns reserve.

Hopefully there will be plenty of opportunities for some riding in the next few weeks. :D

It was a great day for a ride, not too hot and no rain. :D

Saw an interesting creature on the ride too. :wink:

Attachments

• 20131221_131610.jpg
    20131221_131610.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 4,790
Definitely would have joined you, but currently in Perth until the new year.

Everyone keep posting if you plan to go out for a ride and want company.

Thinking about another Westerfolds run this Friday....

Was another beautiful day in Melbourne for a ride.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387874486032.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387874486032.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 4,703
Friday, 9.00am at Finns Reserve is locked in. :) Weather looks like it will be perfect. Will be taking the Bafang mid drive for a spin on this one. See if I can keep up with the Fighter on the single track stuff. 8)

Yet another awesome ride! :mrgreen:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3iinTtM2n0DV1N3N0Z2b3d2MWc/edit?usp=sharing

Name: Westerfolds/Candlebark
Activity type: biking
Description: -
Total distance: 29.93 km (18.6 mi)
Total time: 3:00:03
Moving time: 2:24:10
Average speed: 9.97 km/h (6.2 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 12.46 km/h (7.7 mi/h)
Max speed: 30.16 km/h (18.7 mi/h)
Average pace: 6:01 min/km (9:41 min/mi)
Average moving pace: 4:49 min/km (7:45 min/mi)
Fastest pace: 1:59 min/km (3:12 min/mi)
Max elevation: 75 m (246 ft)
Min elevation: 13 m (43 ft)
Elevation gain: 371 m (1217 ft)
Max grade: 11 %
Min grade: -12 %
Recorded: 27/12/2013 9:26am

Yes, really enjoyable ride today. Great tracks and excellent company. Had a ball chasing down rp3 on his Fighter with my new Bafang mid drive dualie. acn49 also did a great job keeping in touch on his beautifully converted Giant downhiller. http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55697

Perfect riding weather with just enough moisture in the tracks to keep the dust down. The mid drive felt great on the tight single tracks and felt so nice not to have any weight in the back wheel. Ruts and logs were so much easier to negotiate. For the 30km of hard single track riding, ended up using 250Whrs. Not too bad at all.

Attachments

• IMG_2663.jpg
    IMG_2663.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 4,675
  • IMG_2664.jpg
    IMG_2664.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 4,675
  • IMG_2661.jpg
    IMG_2661.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 4,674
I thought i was going to have an easy ride today with Kepler and RP3 , what a shock i got !! Keplers Bafang middy was flying , RP3 pushed his fighter hard all the way and couldn't shake Kepler off , just goes to prove that these little bafangs can be really worked hard and are a very effective power system , thanks for the ride you guys
andy

Sounds like the weather is finally warming up - anyone heading out in the coming weeks?

Excellent ride today with rp3 at Lysterfield Park. I think we hit just about every trail and covered just on 40km of predominantly single track. A bit warm, but made the most of the great weather pushing our batteries close to their LVC.

This place has got to be our next Melbourne Group Ride location. Plenty of fire tracks for easy cruising coupled with some challenging single track including the Commonwealth Games down hill course :twisted:

So Sammy boy, you in or what? 8)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 4,520
Make it a weekend and count me in!

Gah! Sitting at my desk in front of a boring spreadsheet, looking out the window.
Mmm, single trail.

A weekend soon sounds good. That's quite some altitude Kep!

Altitude? There was a little bit of climbing. ;)

Max elevation: 230 m (755 ft)
Min elevation: 61 m (199 ft)
Elevation gain: 634 m (2080 ft)
Max grade: 16 %
Min grade: -15 %

Sunday morning @ Lysterfield anyone?

Thanks for the ride Kepler and rp3. Was a perfect day for it. About 26kms all up according good to the GPS.

Almost flew over the handle bars once or twice following Kepler over a couple of the jumps and slowing down too much.

Glad I had you guys as tour guides. I had no idea where we were.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389495800166.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389495800166.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 4,483
Oh. Used about 350wh for the 26kms BTW.

Another great ride today. Thanks Adrian_sm and rp3. Pushing harder all the time and getting a bit more confident to push a bit more on single track. The little Bafang mid drive might not be fast in a straight line but it suits this type of riding that is for sure. I used around 250 Whr for the ride and certainly got my exercise for the morning. :)

You blokes need to pedal less , thats very low consumption for those kilometres off road .Wish I could rip it up at Lysterfield with yez but can still only pedal with 1 leg .

Hey Brute, keep running into one of your mates. ;) He's always walking! :D

Westerfold/Candlebark 8am this Saturday, meet at Finns reserve.

Sounds appealing? I'd better check with the 'entertainment director'! :roll:

Come on you soft Melbourne boys, there will be little dust on the trails now. :wink:

Back