Perth group ride, Sunday 5th Jan 2014

Timma2500

1 kW
Hi all,

I was talking to Jesse the other night and he mentioned that he and Rodney had planned to do a ride around Freo this Sunday and anyone was welcome to join them.
So i guess we can call this the 1st Perth group ride for 2014 :)

I'm not 100% sure on the finer details yet so hopefully Jesse or Rodney can step in here and enlighten us all.
From what i know, it'll be an 11am start in Freo somewhere with the usual stop off at a pub somewhere for a cold bevy or two :wink:

It would be great to see some new faces, i know theres been a few new Perth blokes pop up on ES since we had our last group ride and I highly encourage you guys to join us!

If your keen to come, pipe up here so we know to wait for everyone before heading off.

So, who's in? 8)

Paul.

I would if I had an e-bike :( :(

I do have the e-max scooter though - it would look out of place on any shared path though.

Hello jesse

The plan is 11am sunday morning at the Esplanade hotel in Fremantle.
The route we take will be more freelanced but, i have a few very nice spots to ride around. We will take breaks and get some food along the way. A pub is in mind of a few of us.

Basic requirements

Range requirements is going to be minimum 25km witch is achievable and to make the most of the ride. If we have enough power we will go further

we will use bike paths and low traffic/speed roads to maximise safety. There will be opportunities to go fast and get a little wild, Off roading will also be available to those who want to do it.

i will bring rope and some basic tools to assist those with break downs there are also numerous bike shops within a 5km radius.

foot paths will not be used due to WA bike LAW unless stated

speed will not exceed 35km/h in known cop spots, There are not many :)

please no wheelies or attention seeking in heavily populated areas, There are plenty of times i will say yes its safe to do so and trust me there is plenty of opportunities.

No helmet no ride. riding a ebike is very dangerous lets not go with out basic protection and draw the polices attention.

Its all about fun, no man left behind.

If you need any information TXT me on 0401511116

please let me know also if your coming.

Bugger, my e bikes are in storage atm and going for a Toodyay surrounding towns ride saterday on the ol beemer and may not get time to get an e bike ready so don't wait for me
jesset33 said:
please no wheelies or attention seeking

Watch out for Paul then and Chris J or Rodney, then again watch out for any of this mob, they are all wheelie demons :lol:

I'm in - Rodney - will the white phasor have 100 V on tap? Mad wheelies! :lol:

See you tomorrow!

hello fellow riders

i got 3 more people coming tomorow

peter on a stealth bomber, his wife on a ezy ebike
and ershon on a jube custom chopper with bmc motor

should be a good turn out

I live in Freo and would be up for a ride tomorrow, just in the process now of writing up my first build.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=56343

Only problemo, I just broke one spoke today on my rear wheel, 700c Mac 8T....do you think I can still ride it?????
Is anyone do a portable spoke fixer??????

Cheers
Sam

maramusa said:
I live in Freo and would be up for a ride tomorrow, just in the process now of writing up my first build.

Only problemo, I just broke one spoke today on my rear wheel, 700c Mac 8T....do you think I can still ride it?????

Cheers
Sam

Yes it should be ok if u take it easy. I do have some spokes from a 700c wheel but it was laced into a crystalyte controller.
Regards

Rod

jesset33 said:
hello fellow riders

i got 3 more people coming tomorow

peter on a stealth bomber, his wife on a ezy ebike
and ershon on a jube custom chopper with bmc motor

should be a good turn out

Looking like a good ride Jessie.

Rodney64 said:
maramusa said:

Cheers
Sam

Yes it should be ok if u take it easy. I do have some spokes from a 700c wheel but it was laced into a crystalyte controller.
Regards

Rod

OK, cheers, I'll give it a go

Good ride today guys. Thoughly enjoyed it.

Photo at the start of the ride.
99E86761-5CD5-4FFE-8C77-003CF875CDDB.jpg

Back