Perth Group ride around river, Sat 22nd or 23rd Feb

Timma2500

1 kW
Hi guys,

Well after 5 years in Perth i've decided to take my bat and ball and move back to Brisbane :p I've been missing my mates over there and an opening for me at a previous employer has come up who pays well and is a top bloke so i'd be mad not to take it. Plus rural land is cheaper to buy in QLD so i can get onto acreage sooner too (i prefer country towns over cities any day! :lol: )

So, my departure date for the 4000 odd km drive east is the 1st March.
In the meantime i have a million things to organise before leaving and spend time with family, especially my young nephew so i can only do either Saturday 22nd or Sunday 23rd. If one day suits more people, we'll go with that maybe.

Twas thinking of the usual set off point at Bayswater, head along the river towards the city and stop in for a coldie or two at The Lucky Shag pub on the river.

It would be awsome to see everyone again before i head off, Perth has such a great bunch of ebikers and it'd be fun to share a last ride and beer with as many of ya's as possible :wink:

Who's in? :D

Paul

Count me in mate! I will either be on the AEVA electric scooter, or riding my wife's pushbike.

Even if all I do is meet you at the pub, I'm up for it. Will be sad to see you go, but I know how attractive the homeland can look. Especially on these bitching hot dry days.

See you there :)

I can go either day Paul just a question but is it possible for me to tag along there with ya, if it does not bother you and if you got the room for 2 bikes.

Il cover fuel costs if so :)

Hey Chris, cool mate it'll be good to see you there, even if its just at the shag mate!
Yeah I can't wait to get going back, need a change too.
Can you do either day?

Hi Greg, it'd be good to have you along, maybe we lean toward Sunday?

Jesse, I'll have to see how the servicing on the 4wd goes, if its not finished by the ride I'll be taking my mother's little daihatsu up and that barely fits one bike let alone two...

Paul.

Hi guys, unfortunately I haven't met any locals yet, but if I can meet/farewell Tim then I guess it's an efficient start =D

I'm only available in the mornings and have to be home before noon, so was wondering what start time you had in mind?

Hope you get a place with a decent shed so you can build more bikes and get the locals on the group rides, FNQld would on my list of fav places in Au,
so its Garrett rd jetty's 10 or 11 sunday I'm guessing, either day I'll be there
mark

People say this to me when I'm telling of the latest bicycle tinkering problems... look away now as it hurts me to say it:
"what about jumping on the train?"
Being a weekend morning no issue for bikes and Freo to Perth on train is probably better than the bike paths =D

haaha, no pressure now ;)

I have gone through 3 tubes in rear tyre this week, so I may run out by the ride at this rate =P

Timma2500 said:
Twas thinking of the usual set off point at Bayswater, head along the river towards the city and stop in for a coldie or two at The Lucky Shag pub on the river.
Paul

I think this is the one referred to, I've seen pics from past rides, but I haven't been so can't tell you where but there's golf and beer I think =D

Back