Electric Bike Movie - Eugene OR

Use this forum to post up events, rally, conventions, get-together, etc. for anything related to the e-vehicle world (e-bike, car, motorcycle, etc). Guest may post replies to topics without the need to register. All topics here expire after 1 year of inactivity.
W1ll7
1 µW
1 µW

Electric Bike Movie - Eugene OR

Post by W1ll7 » Oct 14, 2015 6:13 pm

I'm interested in making an e-bike movie, similar to a mountain bike movie but instead of the tricks it will show off e-bike's speed, and there ability to go up hill. I'm thinking it will sort of be documentary style. I'm looking to get a group of 3-4 people to ride around the trails in Eugene then up the mountains a little. filming should be about 2 days and I think we can split the profits about even if we make any.

I have a 750W mid-drive bike and am looking for some other bikes with similar or higher power but am not picky, home made or bought is good. I was thinking of renting bikes to have some friends help but the local bike rentals only had 300W bikes that they didn't want used in mountains.

This came to mind when I noticed there weren't any e-bike movies, if there is a reason for this I overlooked please let me know.

amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Re: Electric Bike Movie - Eugene OR

Post by amberwolf » Oct 14, 2015 11:49 pm

I'm not sure if it's what you want, but there are lots of videos of ebikes being ridden in various terrain and conditions, many of them published here on ES if you search for "youtube" or "video" or "vid".

In my own threads are some of my trips; Dogman has some of the ebike races in Tucson.

robohead
100 W
100 W

Post by robohead » Oct 24, 2015 1:30 pm

I might be able to help. I just moved back to Eugene about a month ago. I have a stealth bomber and an old A2B metro.

ecycler
10 kW
10 kW

Post by ecycler » Nov 12, 2015 7:17 pm

W1ll7 wrote:This came to mind when I noticed there weren't any e-bike movies, if there is a reason for this I overlooked please let me know.
Yes, we are still trying to fly under the radar from legislation so we don't get crappy laws like other countries in the EU that limit legal power to 250 watts! haha
Any grease is better than no grease.
The best exercises are the ones you enjoy doing.
I strongly prefer vehicles without doors.

spinningmagnets
100 GW
100 GW

Post by spinningmagnets » Nov 12, 2015 7:21 pm

Lightning Rods is in Oregon...

ecycler
10 kW
10 kW

Post by ecycler » Nov 12, 2015 7:30 pm

I phrased that poorly, but I do think a lot of people are still trying to fly under the radar in most states in the US - especially now that ebikes are on the shitlist of the BLM and getting outright banned in places like Moab.
Any grease is better than no grease.
The best exercises are the ones you enjoy doing.
I strongly prefer vehicles without doors.

robohead
100 W
100 W

Post by robohead » Feb 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Will,
You never posted the trailer here.

btw I'm upgrading to a NYX frame and a QS205.