#crossbreaks' midmotor CB120

crossbreak said:
crossbreak said:
thx, i'll try it that way. And thicken the wall, ATM it is .8mm which might be too athletic i agree. i'll try making it >1mm by shifting the BCD by .5mm (bolt circle diameter)

now it's 7pcs M5 bolts instead of 6, resulting in much thicker walls. Thanks for all of your input, this really helps to improve it before i built the "final" prototype next week

Sorry to revisit an old issue but If you need to run the bolt holes close to the bearings you could press in a dummy bearing into the bore to be left in place during the drilling of the holes. This way the material cant deflect into the bearing bore.

Cool motor!

thanks and thanks for the tip. it should work without that, but that would help if there should be that issue. I have no stator holder with the actual dia done yet

the lathe is still not doing what i want...good old thing but needs some time for treatment first. So the prototype stator holder isnt done yet. not so much progress here...spending too much time at work, but winters coming. and more time hopefully

crossbreak said:
the lathe is still not doing what i want...good old thing but needs some time for treatment first. So the prototype stator holder isnt done yet. not so much progress here...spending too much time at work, but winters coming. and more time hopefully

I can imagine that it takes plenty of time to make at least a small series, and everything needs to be done in the free time..
Have you thought of giving off the part manufacturing to companies?

When i needed CNC made dropouts, i asked a company for a quote just for interest and was surprised how reasonable the price was including my desired material.
It cost me about the same paying a friend for all the time he spent typing the programm on the CNC + machining the parts.

IIRC the name of the company was Star Prototype, or Star Rapid :wink:

Yes there is a lot of magic in 24n 20p

the Hacker A100-200 series or Turnigy Rotomax 100 also have a 24N20P design. It has 120 cogging steps.
here pics of a rewind A200 (tock it is wound with litz wire):

attachment.php

attachment.php

I wish this project was local to me. I would volunteer CNC machining time in exchange for one of the finished motors. I lack the electrical engineering skills and the patience to wind a motor but I'd love to machine the structural stuff. Its probably for the best that its not because I'll have no free time in the foreseeable future.

I guess my point is that it probably wouldn't be hard to find collaborators here on ES for new motor projects that are specifically designed for our use.

definitely not :) I already offered my support and I am just 2h away from crossbreaks home. I have a Haas VF2 Mill and a Haas ST20 Lathe and a LaserCutter on my hands.
No issues to do the job. But as far as I noticed there seems to be an issue getting the lams material. So, we should clarify this first.
If anyone else needs some stuff CNC'd, Watercut, lasered...whatever...let me know. HomeBase = Munich area...:)
Sure, I need to charge something...but it is definitely not my intention to make a business out of it :)

sorry to say that this project is on halt due to cooling issues. The water cooling seems to be too complex, i stopped the project in favor for an inrunner design that is the same weight but much more powerful due to higher rpm and even better materials. Unfortunately the new concept will not be single stage as it is only capable of around 10Nm continuous but can do very high rpm, around 15-20k rpm. I hope i can come up with a concept in the next weeks. The first stage will be either helical geared or will us an HTD-5Mx25mm belt. Reduction ratio of around 3.6:1. Continous power should be around 6kW without any additional cooling needed.

The new inrunner concept will need a controller capable of 100k erpm as it is 5 pole pairs.

Back