How good is Cyclone 4kw coaxial suspension bike?

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
Jamesavery22   1 mW

1 mW

Re: How good is Cyclone 4kw coaxial suspension bike?

Post by Jamesavery22 » Dec 02 2019 9:49pm

Does anyone make a high quality electric throttle? Or does this cable pull adaptor work and of decent quality?
https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/p ... e=THR%2D99

Tommm   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Tommm » Dec 03 2019 3:53am

Jamesavery22 wrote:
Dec 02 2019 9:49pm
Does anyone make a high quality electric throttle? Or does this cable pull adaptor work and of decent quality?
Domino throttle is the best, it will make even the stock controller usable with the right settings, but some people who ride motocross say it breaks all the same if you crash with it, but maybe they had it hanging off the end of their bar.
While it is working it is certainly the best.

SlowCo   100 kW

100 kW

Post by SlowCo » Dec 03 2019 6:41am

Tommm wrote:
Dec 03 2019 3:53am
Jamesavery22 wrote:
Dec 02 2019 9:49pm
Domino throttle is the best, it will make even the stock controller usable with the right settings, but some people who ride motocross say it breaks all the same if you crash with it, but maybe they had it hanging off the end of their bar.
While it is working it is certainly the best.
Some members here have successfully used a throttle box combined with a OEM brand cable twist throttle assembly from a motorcycle (scrapyard):
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=102355&p=1513419&h ... e#p1513419

Here is the link to it:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3295490 ... 4c4diIEkju

Jamesavery22   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Jamesavery22 » Dec 03 2019 10:53am

What's the voltage put to the throttle? Is it not whatever the battery is? I saw the Domino has a max 40v.

Nvm. Makes sense. 5v:
https://electricbike.com/forum/filedata ... 1520442585

Are there any examples of wiring the Domino throttle to a Cyclone controller? Assuming it'll need some resistor in line.

Tommm   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Tommm » Dec 03 2019 11:52am

Jamesavery22 wrote:
Dec 03 2019 10:53am
What's the voltage put to the throttle? Is it not whatever the battery is? I saw the Domino has a max 40v.

Nvm. Makes sense. 5v:
https://electricbike.com/forum/filedata ... 1520442585

Are there any examples of wiring the Domino throttle to a Cyclone controller? Assuming it'll need some resistor in line.
I already answered it here

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=88921&p=1513396&hi ... r#p1513396

Skaiwerd   100 W

100 W

Post by Skaiwerd » Dec 03 2019 12:35pm

As for the domino throttle I put a 100k trimpot on the positive 5v throttle imput to lower it a little so the stock cyclone controller would not cut out under full throttle. Could also use it to act as a governor to lower the max power level, for newbie riders.

fizzit   10 kW

10 kW

Post by fizzit » Dec 06 2019 6:50am

You should call them, sometimes it will get stuck if the address is damaged, if the tracking number is intact they can find and update it for you.

For my package they had one of the tubes hanging out and sanding off the paint, I don't think it is packed as well as it should be for the weight and travel distance for the package.

I would ask for a payout even if it was $50, don't reward the animals for losing a package.
Yeah it's pretty frustrating, it's the most expensive thing I've gotten through USPS and they completely lost it. I opened a missing mail case, I tried to open a claim but the inquiry page says the tracking number is invalid. It works fine when I use it to track the package. Hopefully Paco was able to file a claim from his end.

Has anyone tried using this motor with a different controller? It seems like a good candidate for the Phaserunner (90V/96A max) or Nucular 6FET (90V/120A max). The stock controller seems ridiculously oversized for its power output and has a pretty limited feature set. The only potential issue I could see is the noisy hall sensor voltage waveform that I noticed when building my throttle converter, but that might be fixable with an RC filter on the halls.
-Colin

Tommm   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Tommm » Dec 06 2019 9:03am

fizzit wrote:
Dec 06 2019 6:50am
You should call them, sometimes it will get stuck if the address is damaged, if the tracking number is intact they can find and update it for you.

For my package they had one of the tubes hanging out and sanding off the paint, I don't think it is packed as well as it should be for the weight and travel distance for the package.

I would ask for a payout even if it was $50, don't reward the animals for losing a package.
Yeah it's pretty frustrating, it's the most expensive thing I've gotten through USPS and they completely lost it. I opened a missing mail case, I tried to open a claim but the inquiry page says the tracking number is invalid. It works fine when I use it to track the package. Hopefully Paco was able to file a claim from his end.

Has anyone tried using this motor with a different controller? It seems like a good candidate for the Phaserunner (90V/96A max) or Nucular 6FET (90V/120A max). The stock controller seems ridiculously oversized for its power output and has a pretty limited feature set. The only potential issue I could see is the noisy hall sensor voltage waveform that I noticed when building my throttle converter, but that might be fixable with an RC filter on the halls.
I kept it safe and bought a different yuyangking (same brand as stock controller)

It is cheap but square wave. Stock, 80A battery 220A phase (quite high) amps, there is a disassembly video of it, and compared to a 150A sabvoton, it is way beefier in the inside. I don't find this surprising as the 40/60a yyk can take 70-80a battery after a shunt mod.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32889268022.html

It will fit perfectly between the seatpost and wheel, if you open it up and cut 2.5cm from out of the alu box the non cable side and 1.5cm from the cable side.
The phaserunner is a lie, the amp depends on voltage. So at 72v you are looking at 45a battery. Forget it.

If you are advanced enough to correct the hall sensors then I think you could use just about anything.

Skaiwerd   100 W

100 W

Post by Skaiwerd » Dec 06 2019 10:28am

I’d go nuclear 12f if you can afford it and it’s 4-5 month wait period. Power velocity is a very close 2nd to me if you want a controller faster, cheaper, a few less features like adjustable regenerative braking. Etc.