My new project.....
I have always loved vintage bikes, never really wanted to own one just admired them for the simple ideas and the infant motorcycle design. In some ways I think bikes on endless sphere share the same characteristics, so Ive decided to build a bike following the same basic lines but electrically powered ..... kind of like a tribute I suppose.
Details are.... Frame
- 25mm Stainless Steel box 1.2mm wall and 50mm tube
- Brackets and braces laser cut
- Aluminium battery box
- 66deg head angle
- 80mm wide 26" rims, rear superwide 170mm hub(chopperUS)
- Schwalbe Fat franks stretched out
- ChoppersUS tripple tree forks.....modded with my own fork legs
- Chain lengths individually adjustableDrive system
- 3220 5t wye in a MS single stage belt drive, 60T rear sprocket mounted on a MS adapter (geared for only 60km/h)
- CC HV160
- MS Magura and servo tester throttle adaptor
- 20AH of 12s lipoMisc
- Hyperion 1420i Charger
- Hope tech m4sFrame
Laser cut parts done...
Basic frame complete
Frame box done.
Frame box mounted
BB tube welded and mounted
Bit more progress....
Might be a little hard to see in the pics but the large belt pully is touching the lower drive mount so I had to get the drive mounts recut a bit taller and out of 5mm......
Frame box cover done....with quick release 1/4 turn screws in anodized blue....hard to get a good picture in low lighting
Loops welded to the frame and fork leg to tie the brake lines to...Frame FinishedForks
So the Forks from choppersus were not discbrake compatible(they were out of stock). So I am making new fork legs in stainless tube and brackets to match the rest of the frame.
Dropout and disc tab with jig and spacer to offset the tab 4mm as the standard(plus the washers for a bit extra adjustment)Forks Finished
I will keep adding updates to the start of this thread.....hopefully