Luke's commuter bicycle. What Non-hub is all about.

Enjoy

A bicycle worthy of my commute.

[youtube]Sk_bmSRog-c[/youtube]

The bar has just been raised again! Now that is what anyone would call FAST!

Alan B said:
Nice. You going to upgrade the tires?

I estimate about 10miles of moderate/aggressive street riding per rear tire, about 50miles per front.

Or, if riding nicely, you could get the same mileage per tire of any bicycle running hookworms. It's extremely controllable, you can limp forward at 1mph if you want, as gentle as a kitten. It also works pretty well as a pedal-bike, it pedals easier than the hubmotor bikes I've pedaled, and it's quite friendly to ride as a bicycle.

We've got a 125amp charge setup for it as well, so that 25Ah pack get's topped off in about 10minutes. (they are nano-tech's)

bigmoose said:
The bar has just been raised again! Now that is what anyone would call FAST!

Thank you kindly my friend. It never would exist if it wasn't for your wisdom and mentoring over the years. I thank you deeply Dave, and one day I hope to repay your kindness.

def215 said:
i noticed in the video description it says that its a "reasonable mans bike". dont you mean a "real mans bike"?...lol :twisted:

Nope, reasonable man's bike. It goes with my reasonable man's car. It's what I call something that is pushing new boundries of how unreasonable they can be, yet at the same time, my car gets >35mpg and can haul a large cargo payload or tow a trailer, and this electric bicycle is going to be more resource efficient than even a cyclist pedaling with human power, so they kinda go full-circle back to being reasonable depending on your metric. Which makes it fun, because you get to be absurdly ridiculously powerful, and still be more efficient and practical than nearly everyone else. :)

Ha ha, that's not a bike it's a motorcycle pretending it's a bike. I like all the new improvements. Should be really reliable now with external sensors. I expect you to take 1st. My favorite race build so far. Too bad I don't live close by, it looks super fun to ride.

This is what a motorcycle racer considers reasonable and a step up, environmentally, from the other vehicles he pilots, lol.

All things are relative :lol:

About time you made something that might last :wink:

That's just nucking futs!!!

liveforphysics said:
We've got a 125amp charge setup for it as well, so that 25Ah pack get's topped off in about 10minutes. (they are nano-tech's)
What voltage? Or how many KW????

HAHA what is that? A 40 pound bike with 40 horsepower? I am surprised everybody kept it rubber side down.

Think it might be possible to accurately log the power consumption on a few mile trip, at something like 16-18 MPH average? Yes, thats terribly slow, but it would be interesting to see real life efficiency at more common bicycle speeds.

What would really make those little frock bikes look dumb, is to have substantially more power and speed, along with comparable or higher efficiency to something like a 24V POS.

Agreed! I would like to see power consumption at normal speeds, you know, less than the speed if light! Lol!

Jesus. H. Christ.

Is there a build thread for this? Missed it. Want to see the gore... :mrgreen:

Edit: or should I say, which motor is in there now....

Back