Scott with central 8Fun

twingolo

1 mW
Hi,

I'am building another one Ebike (for my syster this time),

not a beast, but efficient and easy to use.

The description:

Motor : 8FUN 24v sensored
Battery : 36v 9 AH 12s2p (4 x Turnigy lifepo4 4500mah)
Activation : PAS
Controller : 36v 15A : 540w
Theoric Speed : 45 kph.
Freehheel : on the crank

Just a CAD design before receving the differents parts.

implantation.jpg

leftsidec.jpg

rightsideb.jpg

more pictures later

Personnal message to Adam: great jobs on your hand made frame.

Fred

Looks good Fred! how have things been? Using a hub like that gets the best of both worlds, but the chain and sprockets seem to be the weak link. Will the fork clear the battery?

Adam

No room for front suspension travel, so put the batteries in the triangle, and focus primarily on the drive. Your sister has a great brother. It sounds like a great project.

As noted above, your photo's filename will come true if you use that suspension fork and that box at the same time, as soon as you hit any decent bumps:

Otherwise, it sure looks like a neat idea.

Small or big bump, nô problem, this is a CAD picture on a phone picture, the scale is not respected.
There is enought space with this tire.

How will you put the sprocket onto the rh side of the 8fun motor? These motors can have disk brake mounting holes and you can buy bolt on sprockets but the threaded holes for mounting a disk brake are on the LH side?

The hub motor modified:

moteurbfy.jpg

This one is geared and have a freewheel built-in, but no hole for a disk brake.

The 15 thooth sprocket is bolted on the side of the motor thru an home made adaptator.

Very nice! I see you modified the axle, I have a lot of problem on my "500w" BPM mid drive due to the ridiculous axle flats (12mm avec un meplat à 10mm comment transmettre du couple avec ca :shock: ) that's a very good level of intergration, but yeah the front tire clearance is asking for trouble ;)

You likely could use some of those head sets with the offset to increase the fork angle and give more clearance, plus it would handle better at the higher speeds!

....or upgrade to a 200mm Fork, thereby raising the clearance gap and set up compression to use about half of its travel. Personally I find most XC bikes (at higher speed) feel better with the resultant shallower head angle and raised head-tube.

Hello,

I finaly finished my ebike, the result is pretty good and the performance are better than i was hoping.

Max speed : 47 kph

i let you see some pictures...

Bye

6hi8.jpg

0eum.jpg

cp1c.jpg

11dh.jpg

l7p0.jpg

This is the best build I've seen yet! well done! Did you convert the hub motor to be static with spinning axle? or does the hub spin and the gear is mounted to the hub? Any welding involved in the build? Really wanting have a go at a similar build now :)

Hi,

The axle is static, the hub is spinning around like in a classic wheel.

You don't need to weld anymore, all is assembled by stanless screw.

The fork have to be locked in road position, its ok if you don't want to practice downhill.

Fred

Thanks Fred,

How did you form the steel, was it CNC'd? or was it cut by hand?

probably CNC Laser cut. You can order laser cut sheets online, just upload your 2D dxf files, select material, pay and they will ship your custom sheets. I like cutworks the most. A sheet of that size would probably cost about 200€ if you order only one. It makes more sence to buy more, which will be a lot cheaper... as with everything that's custom made :mrgreen:

thx twingolo for posting this, I build something very similar, but with a converted Hub (turning axle). Cooling suffers with so much "fairing", but your nice looking built encouraged me for some more encasement of motor and battery. A good heatsink will do the job even if some of the hubs housing does not feel the wind.

Very nice looking mid drive build.
Did it turn out cheaper than the Scott e-Spark?

Attachments

• scott espark 2.jpg
    scott espark 2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 6,265
Back