Felt Deep Six Gng Mid test

jazzcat007

1 µW
Long time lurker but first post. I decided to start my own build off of a Felt Deep Six. I wanted to make this build as invisible as possible. I tried hiding my batteries in true leather horse saddle bags and my controller in a leather tool seat bag. On my tests everything has worked well except every now and then, most times after a jolt (such as hitting a bump in the road), I lose all power. If I pull over and wait a while before hooking the battery up it will work fine again for another short run. These are my first rides so I would effectively call them ‘alphas’. I thought now would be the time to reach out before I damage any components. This is a GNG 48V 450 Mid Drive which I was able to place inside the triangle. I have a 10AH 48V Lifepo4 Vpower battery with BMS. The controller doesn’t seem to be getting hot. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

q7Dxp_si4-3dPTDD3ibNWjDkePXdPBhPbqQWVhwoj74

I like how you've managed to mount the motor and jackshaft inside the triangle. That placement will protect it from an unexpected curb-hit when forced to go up or down from the sidewalk.

The temporary power outages sound like a loose connection.

I have the gng 450 and vpower 48v 20a,i have the same problem but i feel it is the throttle,if i wind it back and back on again it is ok again.

I just replaced the throttle today with a key-switch one with battery meter. I also found that one of the connections in the yellow junction box was a little loose and showed signs of arcing. I'm about to take it for a spin.

Strangely it looks like it might be the battery. I luckily bought two 10ah batteries. Once I switched to the second one it's running flawlessly. The only difference is that I made soldered connections as well as mechanical on the second. I'll try the same on the first one to see if that changes anything.

Back