Carbon ebike - Casey

Abez

1 mW
Hi everyone!
A year ago, I began to build the project Casey - carbon handmade or sixto elemento electric bicycle:
Casey+109.jpg

Handmade carbon frame, 29er wheels, single-stage timing belt to the motor, Mini-e controller, RC motor - RotoMax 50cc, 8-speed hub to the pedals...
Now frame looks like this:
DSC09825.jpg

More photos can be found here
Topic from the beginning on the Russian forum

Wow! Awesome work!! Looking great! I wish I had carbon skills!

Very interesting, I look forward to seeing where you take this!

-JD

This could get to be the most fascinating build of 2014... A light carbon bike with a light yet powerful rc motor. Awesome! I'm very excited about the end result!

All the pieces are assembled. And here is the result:
DSC02052.jpg

And now it is necessary to master the process of vacuum infusion.

Cool carbon work. I'll have to give it a try. A drift trike sounds like a good way to practice. Keep the photos coming!

DSC04606.jpg

Participated in two exhibitions. The first 20 miles on the pedals, and then 90 miles with PAS (hub motor-350W put to the test).

On the bike will only rear fender.
Attach to the wheel four milimeters foam:
IMG_9656.jpg

A thin layer of fiberglass:
IMG_9663.jpg

Gave it couple coats of mold release wax. Next I laminated two layers of carbon fiber 2x2 twill, and several layers of cling film on top :
DSC09225.jpg

Proxxon fix to the plate and cut off all unnecessary:
DSC09231.jpg

P.S. I started to write an article. It now remains to complete the project and translate the article into English.

Great project mate, look forward to seeing your final product and it's weight

I'm extremely impressed!!! Wow!! This is one of the nicest DIY frame builds we've ever seen on ES! Outstanding work! Thank you for sharing!

Truly outstanding and innovative..Thank you for sharing..This is by far my fav build..Modern technology on old school racer looks..

Thank you very much for your kind words!

byebyepetrol said:
Mind if I "borrow" your idea? I need to make a front guard for my bike
Chris.
Do not mind, use.
To reduce the cost you can use the same weave fiberglass instead of carbon fiber:
4760d1256766183t-hexcel-texalium-fiberglass-cloth-hex.jpg

It's a great looking build... and totally not being the naysayer, but the headtube to downtube join is a little worrisome. It seems like with all the stress there esp with the added weight of the drive package having a stub tube of carbon coming off the headtube for the downtube to mold around, or some extra wraps of cloth around the actual head tube... it seems like its mostly counting on the adhesive bond the way is?

Voltron said:
It's a great looking build... and totally not being the naysayer, but the headtube to downtube join is a little worrisome. It seems like with all the stress there esp with the added weight of the drive package having a stub tube of carbon coming off the headtube for the downtube to mold around, or some extra wraps of cloth around the actual head tube... it seems like its mostly counting on the adhesive bond the way is?
In the area of headtube to downtube join - all okay, all carbon layers from downtube go to headtube. But bottom bracket tube with battery box join need to do something. It was the most difficult join, it is necessary to consider how to strengthen.

Back