Iron Horse SGS + 60v GNG + 74v lipo

donny67ss

10 mW
Hi everyone, this is my first ebike build it's a 2003 Iron Horse SGS with the 60v GNG kit +74vlipo. I wanna say a big thanks to ES and everyone on here without all of this amazing first hand experience and knowledge this would have been a hard build.
I'm running the 60v GNG kit stock and three 6s Turnigy 5000mah 40-50c high discharge lipos, these lipos are awesome i'm in love with these. I'm no expert but these lipos are taking anything I throw at them plus more I have them in lipo safe bags. When I can afford to I'll be getting three more to make it a 10amp total. I get about a half hour ride out of one charge and that's having fun with no pedals I just have some pegs to stand on( I was hit by a truck and it bent the crank arm really bad so off they went for now). Average speed is 25-30mph max speed is 35mph, 35 mph on this bike is so much fun and of course I wanna go faster. Everything is stock on the bike Hayes hydraulic brakes, Manitou Sherman Breakout fork, Sram X7 9speed with short cage X7 rear Derailleur, and chain guide. This is what I use to commute to work with every day, its only about a 3 mile ride one way so its a quick ride . I have only been riding with this kit for about a few weeks now, but its been running pretty darn good. First on my upgrade list is new BB and free wheel. Thanks again to everyone I hope you like my first ebike build.

Attachments

• 1 ebike pic.jpg
    1 ebike pic.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 2nd ebike pic.jpg
    2nd ebike pic.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 3rd ebike pic.jpg
    3rd ebike pic.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 4th ebike pic.jpg
    4th ebike pic.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 5th ebike.jpg
    5th ebike.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 1 gps.jpg
    1 gps.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,156
I currently have no crank arms because my second ride out on my Iron Horse 4.5 maverick (this was actually my first bike build but I only rode it twice) . Some dummy in a truck hit me and left me in the first lane of the rode on my ride home from work, luckily I always gear up when I ride. It bent up my rear rim along with my brakes and front fork. I was going to fix it up but decided to go with my SGS Iron Horse instead. So I just removed the left side crank and cut off the right side still keeping the crappy GNG freewheel. Added some pegs just above the BB until I can replace it with the Cyclone BB. The SGS frame is a heavy frame I believe about 40lbs with no kit :) and I can actually stop now with these brakes on my SGS.

Attachments

• bent rim.jpg
    bent rim.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,144
Back