reversing an astroflight brushed motor

mud2005

10 kW
Hello, I just got my Astroflight 60 brushed motor and speed control hooked up to my wheel only to find it spins in the wrong direction. :roll: oops
So this leads me to some questions, can I just switch the wires between the motor and control?
If so, can I switch the wires between the battery and control instead? That would be easier as I haven't soldered the connector onto the battery wires yet.
I don't want to try it and fry my speed control, but I'm dyin to take this thing out for a test drive.
Does anyone know if astroflight sets the timing to neutral? do I have to change the timing if I reverse the motor?
so many questions, thanks for reading

Do not reverse the battery wires to the controller! You must reverse the motor leads. Be aware, however, some brushed motors are timed with an advance related to direction. So, it may run slower in reverse. Not sure without having the motor in front of me.

Matt

Do not reverse the battery wires to the controller! You must reverse the motor leads. Be aware, however, some brushed motors are timed with an advance related to direction. So, it may run slower in reverse. Not sure without having the motor in front of me.

Thats what I thought, I just wanted to confirm. I just got an email from astroflight saying the motor is timed neutral so I should be ok :)

I asked about switching the wires and they said "do not change the leads..its not brushless so it doesnt work the same way" but I asked about changing both the leads from the battery and from the controller, so I'm assuming they meant don't change the leads from the battery. I'm assuming also that all brushed motors are reversible by switching the motor leads, is this true? are there any that can't be reversed?

Thanks Matt! :)

Back