Catic system

Boby

10 µW
I found a new interesting non-hub drive produced by CATIC Guangzhou. Chain drive system, unfortunately will not be available in kits. Pictures attached.

I found one bike with Catic system on Dec 7 at Australian Ebay distributed by Panzer Products Australia.

Attachments

• Catic 6.jpg
    Catic 6.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 4,986
  • Catic 5.jpg
    Catic 5.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 4,987
  • Catic 4.jpg
    Catic 4.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 4,990
  • Catic 2.jpg
    Catic 2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 4,983
  • Catic 1.jpg
    Catic 1.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 4,979
http://www.caticgz.com/details.php?fdProduct_id=3272
24V 150 W,Brushless

PS3272.jpg

http://www.caticgz.com/details.php?fdProduct_id=3271
24V 150 W with brushless

PS3271.jpg

http://www.caticgz.com/details.php?fdProduct_id=3270
36V 200W Brushless

PS3270.jpg

:shock: What?

You've got to be kidding?

I love the beefy rigid frame that gives tons of chain clearance by curling the rear chainstay supports in an arc. (the first image) This design would allow for really wide tires... like 3" or 4" which is exactly what someone wants on a road racer bike. (like what I'm working on)

I love the idea of having the motor directly attached to the bottom bracket.... no hassles! :p

Not a big fan of hanging the battery off the back... that kind of sucks... but otherwise it's an interesting set of bikes to look at. If they had placed the battery in the middle (top tube) that would have been ideal. The Optibike is sort of the definition of perfection and they placed the battery in the top tube.

Miles said:
They sure look ugly to me :) Structurally dodgy, too (the second one)....
The second one isn't great. In fact...it does look like they made some structural mistakes in that one. Number three is fine.

The biggest shortcoming in all of these is that they placed the battery in the rear. That's just not good because it's going to handle badly. But even there you have to complement the fact that though they decided on a bad location they do seem to have supported the weight well with solid tubing... at least it looks like it.

Think of all the bikes that are shown here that just try to bolt something onto the back. At least they put the effort into doing it right... even if it's the wrong place.

The first bike is the one that I could start with and modify. It could be a good foundation bike if they sold them in the US which probably will never happen.

drive system reminds me of the now discontinued Merida/Panasonic model 500/550 Powerbike. the BB drive looks very similar.

Ugly as these frames are, they are much prettier than the step through style of the Merida. The Merida is very much the Granny bike with a plastic front basket.

the Merida does have a much better battey location though.

rick

They don't look any uglier than the typical xmart suspension stuff IMO. Battery location is probably a concession to looking normal. Its just a rack. A really thick one. Its tough to put em anywhere else without making the frame look really strange. As opposed to just strange.

rkosiorek - You ar eright. It is not pretty. The battery should be attached to the frame. In order to make a good bike look pretty we probably have to wait for Italian design input. But first steps were done.

Boby said:
rkosiorek - You ar eright. It is not pretty. The battery should be attached to the frame. In order to make a good bike look pretty we probably have to wait for Italian design input. But first steps were done.

heheheh :lol: i have to giggle......it is Italian designed :eek:

"At last! An electric bike that actually looks good! This revolutionary Italian designed electric mountain bike with its unique and unusual pedal mounted motor is the subject of several international patents."

http://www.panzer.com.au/motor8.shtml

Very funny, very funny. I do not see there much quality Italian design there. Maybe just the Australian distributor claimed Italian design? Some obvious design mistakes noticed above.

IMHO even now, at the beginning, it still looks better than Panasonic drive. Probably it is also water resistant.

Yikes! Worm reduction is the worst possible gear technique. I didn't know they were doing that. Hmmmmm... :?

Could be like John in CRs grinder mechanics coupled to planetary gears? Be a bit more efficient than worms!
otherDoc

Back