New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
wgtnpete
10 µW
10 µW

Re: New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

Post by wgtnpete » Dec 02, 2017 8:04 pm

James Broadhurst wrote:
Dec 02, 2017 4:15 pm
wgtnpete wrote:
Dec 02, 2017 12:24 am
Does anyone have any ideas?
Is the clicking etc occurring with every rotation of the pedals? If so, I’d check the fit and tighten the motor attachment bolts, then run it for 50+ miles. That’s what I’ve done with several motors, successfully. Eventually they all became silent.

The motors have several bearings and pinion shafts which are uni-directional and, at a guess, they need bedding in.
It's not all the time, but it starts either at a higher pedalling cadence, or if I am pushing harder against the pedals when going uphill. I have tightened everything up so don't think it's anything thats loose and banging.

I will give it a couple of longer rides and see if it is just the gear bedding in. I was just feeling a bit cautious.

Chalo
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Chalo » Dec 03, 2017 4:49 am

Subject change, but still concerning the TSDZ2:

I understand that there are several different versions of this motor system. Can anyone say, based on current information, which one has the narrowest chainline? And if so, where can I get that version?

I would like to get a torque sensing mid motor for myself. I have a BBS02 now, and the ridiculously wide chainline is my only real problem with it.
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.

James Broadhurst
10 mW
10 mW

Post by James Broadhurst » Dec 03, 2017 9:00 am

Chalo wrote:
Dec 03, 2017 4:49 am
I understand that there are several different versions of this motor system. Can anyone say, based on current information, which one has the narrowest chainline? And if so, where can I get that version?
The 36 and 48v motors have an identical casing and have the same chain line. I’ve seen a picture of a B version which requires the frame to be fabricated to suit it but what the chainline is or even whether it exists, I don’t know.

RTIII
1 kW
1 kW

Post by RTIII » Dec 03, 2017 2:37 pm

Chalo wrote:
Dec 03, 2017 4:49 am
I'm not 100% sure because I haven't owned a "36v" version, but I do own one each of the 500 and 750W (15A and 18A respectively) 48v units and they have the same chainline. ...I plan to buy a 36v motor and try swapping it (running it at nominal 48v) as some have suggested in order to get a higher top-end cadence - since the motors apparently are interchangeable, this suggests the chainlines are the same.

RTIII
1 kW
1 kW

Post by RTIII » Dec 03, 2017 2:39 pm

sendler2112 wrote:
Dec 03, 2017 9:24 am
I'm seriously considering the kickstarter purchase of a Pesu complete bike with it's TTium mid drive.
Looks like they've copied the TSDZ2!

jbalat
100 W
100 W

Post by jbalat » Dec 04, 2017 5:59 pm

wgtnpete wrote:
Dec 02, 2017 8:04 pm
James Broadhurst wrote:
Dec 02, 2017 4:15 pm
wgtnpete wrote:
Dec 02, 2017 12:24 am
Does anyone have any ideas?
Is the clicking etc occurring with every rotation of the pedals? If so, I’d check the fit and tighten the motor attachment bolts, then run it for 50+ miles. That’s what I’ve done with several motors, successfully. Eventually they all became silent.

The motors have several bearings and pinion shafts which are uni-directional and, at a guess, they need bedding in.
It's not all the time, but it starts either at a higher pedalling cadence, or if I am pushing harder against the pedals when going uphill. I have tightened everything up so don't think it's anything thats loose and banging.

I will give it a couple of longer rides and see if it is just the gear bedding in. I was just feeling a bit cautious.
Have you installed a piece of rubber between the motor and frame. I had a camera mounted pointing down and you can actually see the whole thing twisting under load.
Please subscribe to my Youtube home page for Quadcopters, FPV and Bike Rides http://www.youtube.com/jbalatutube
My build log here https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =6&t=55352
For some cool ebike talk join us on The Best ebike https://www.facebook.com/groups/193581737807033/

Xander02
100 µW
100 µW

Re: New "SDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

Post by Xander02 » Dec 06, 2017 11:00 am

Dr.Electric wrote:
Apr 30, 2016 2:25 pm
I Think it drives very nice! The power from the motor only starts when you push the pedal. But you don't have to push very hard. In turbo mode you can pedal quite leisurely and still have power.
There seem to be a hidden menu in the controller where you can remove the speed limit and also boost amp to 16 A!
So peak power 550 watt?
I have a TSDZ2 motor with 36v 7ah, (20ah continuous discharge). My current settings have the controller set at 16A. If i pushed this to 18A or even 20A would this be possible without damaging battery, controller and motor? what would the positives be if i did so?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Xander02
100 µW
100 µW

Post by Xander02 » Dec 06, 2017 12:02 pm

extrasilver wrote:
Jul 26, 2017 3:29 am
i contacted the vendor today on Ali express directly

they sell chain rings! :)

34T 36T 38T 44T 48T 52T

i've been quoted $20 for the 52t. i will be ordering a 52 & 48t on friday

my bike is a single speed by the way.. if your looking at having multiple gears up front i don't think its as simple as bolting them on

update: found out that [url]www.future-bike.it[url] also sell chain rings
I recently upgraded the stock chainring from 42t to 44t (running 17t on the rear)and didn't really notice much difference. in fact the torque sensor seemed to be less effective. Do you think I could go for an even higher chainring on my single speed or will that be too much strain on the motor and controller? p.s who did you purchase from on ali?

jbalat
100 W
100 W

Re: New "SDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

Post by jbalat » Dec 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Xander02 wrote:
Dec 06, 2017 11:00 am
Dr.Electric wrote:
Apr 30, 2016 2:25 pm
I Think it drives very nice! The power from the motor only starts when you push the pedal. But you don't have to push very hard. In turbo mode you can pedal quite leisurely and still have power.
There seem to be a hidden menu in the controller where you can remove the speed limit and also boost amp to 16 A!
So peak power 550 watt?
I have a TSDZ2 motor with 36v 7ah, (20ah continuous discharge). My current settings have the controller set at 16A. If i pushed this to 18A or even 20A would this be possible without damaging battery, controller and motor? what would the positives be if i did so?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks
The Amps in the hidden menu does nothing, I tried with a watt meter and setting did not matter. I was able to get 580w peak from my 36v by standing on the pedals. While cycling normally it was using roughly 180w. The only way to up the Amps is to do a shunt mod but looking at a picture of the controller I cant see a shunt ? Anyone have any close up pics?
Please subscribe to my Youtube home page for Quadcopters, FPV and Bike Rides http://www.youtube.com/jbalatutube
My build log here https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =6&t=55352
For some cool ebike talk join us on The Best ebike https://www.facebook.com/groups/193581737807033/

wakyct
1 µW
1 µW

Post by wakyct » Dec 07, 2017 11:50 am

hi, I have just started to put together my kit with the 48V 500W motor, and I was curious if anyone has upgraded the gauge of their power wires.They seem small to me (18 ga. maybe?) but I have little experience with electric motors.

edit: doing some more reading I found this http://www.electricscooterparts.com/wir ... lator.html which makes me think the wire should be fine.