Recommended trigger shifters

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
I noticed that when I rode my previous GNG kit that the Shimano Acera shifters I had were ok but the upshifting trigger was stiff so i couldnt change gears quickly.
I think Acera is more entry level so looking to upgrade. Im assuming the shifters come in a pair but the right shifter pretty much all that I need.
Looking to spend maximum 100$ or so.
Any recommendations? Thx

I use Mountainbike components: Shimano Deore is the minimum "good" level, SLX is better, XT expensive but better again.
Similarly SRAM X5; X7 etc
Of course you get what you pay for: the higher end components definitely give you a better riding experience, but Deore / X5 should be good enough for most usage.
At this level, shifters can come in pairs but are also available singly.
How many sprockets on your cassette? The shifter has to match the cassette, and this may limit your choice of shifter if you are running 6, 7 or 8 speeds.
Dave

Drum said:
I use Mountainbike components: Shimano Deore is the minimum "good" level, SLX is better, XT expensive but better again.
Similarly SRAM X5; X7 etc
Of course you get what you pay for: the higher end components definitely give you a better riding experience, but Deore / X5 should be good enough for most usage.
At this level, shifters can come in pairs but are also available singly.
How many sprockets on your cassette? The shifter has to match the cassette, and this may limit your choice of shifter if you are running 6, 7 or 8 speeds.
Dave

Thx for the reply!
The bike originally came with 9 speed rear cassette...3x9 27 gears total. I read that chains tend to slip more on the tiny rear cassette cogs so I just replace it with a 7 speed cassette with more teeth on the smallest cog.
So I guess Ill have to look for a 7 speed shifter unless I can find 9 or 10 speed cassette that can handle speeds from a mid drive motor

I've gravitated towards SunRace shifting components because they offer better value for money than Shimano or SRAM. They don't offer anything especially fancy, but when you spend $20 or more on a SunRace derailleur or $15+ on a shifter, you get something functional, reasonably durable, and sorted out. I'll take that deal. It's like being able to buy '90s Shimano stuff today at '90s prices.

ebike11 said:
Main thing im looking for is something easier to push, my existing shifters are stiff

Try using die-drawn "slick" stainless steel cables in clean new plastic-lined housing with good routing first. Cruddy old cables, or routing that squiggles all over the place or has kinks, cause shifting effort to get much harder.

Back