Voltage reading in Display Cable, please advise. BBS02B

ximox

10 µW
Hi all, is this a normal voltage reading in the display cable coming from controller of BBS02B 750W (48v Battery almost fully charged)?

tested on PL / P+ 50.8v

tested on GND / P+ 51.7v

704468.jpg

Thanks,

Lucio

amberwolf said:
What problem are you having?

If PL is the switched P+, it's probably correct voltage.

Hi,

New BBS02B, display turn on for 5 minutes and died while i was regulating the brake sensors and never came back. I removed display, looped the P+ and PL pins in the cable (to emulate prog cable) and the engine runs fine with throttle. I guess is a faulty display or power button, company sending one. Will see.

As a note, the 5 minute timing may also indicate an issue with the speed sensor. Without the input from that (or PAS) to tell it it's still in use and moving, it turns off automatically, though you should still be able to turn it back on normally (it'll just shut off again in 5 more minutes).

Some of them have an auto-off setting in the LCD you can disable, but I don't know which one it is. (should be in various threads around ES).

amberwolf said:
As a note, the 5 minute timing may also indicate an issue with the speed sensor. Without the input from that (or PAS) to tell it it's still in use and moving, it turns off automatically, though you should still be able to turn it back on normally (it'll just shut off again in 5 more minutes).

Some of them have an auto-off setting in the LCD you can disable, but I don't know which one it is. (should be in various threads around ES).

Hi,

This is not the case, the display never came back to life, waited up to 10 minutes with disconnected battery but nothing, only sign of life of the BBS02B happens if i loop the pins in the display cable so it works fine trough throttle only, with display not connected.

Sounds like the display just croaked and your controller is fine. Kinda lucky because changing the controller is a bit of a pain in the ass. Hopefully a new display and you're good to go. FWIW I ran mine like that for quite a while, didn't miss the display at all. I programmed the controller to throttle settings I liked and connected a little switch onto the P pins on the display connector. The display wasn't broken but it was the biggest thing sticking off my bars and I really had no use for it. Got rid of the speed sensor at the same time.

I will consider that too, but for the time being I think I want the ability of having some amount of control on the pedal assist range on the fly. Thanks for your help I will let you know if it was the display.

Some people use the USB programing cable for troubleshooting display/dashboards. It connects to the display plug and jumpers power ON pins without the risk of applying B+ to the comm wires.

Back