BBS01 350W - 36 or 48V ?

Jil

1 kW
Hello,

I have just installed a BBS01-350W on my MTB, and thought it was in 36V, as advertised by the vendor (Eunorau on Aliexpress). Until now I am using 36V batteries, and it works well.

But I've check the display (TFT 850), and the voltage of the battery appears to be adjustable : 24, 36, or 48V (or "UBE", I don't know what it means).
And the factory setting is 48V. Does it mean that the controller of the new BBS01 is made to run in 48V ? Or can accept batteries from 24 to 48V ?

If yes, is it safe to use a 13S Li-ion battery (54.6V at full charge), or is it better to stick to 11 or 12S (46.2 and 50.4 V at full charge) ?

Thanks !

Jil

PS : if anybody has some documentation from Bafang, I will appreciate :)

Attachments

• IMG_1443.jpg
    IMG_1443.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,675
On the other hand, my controller is actually rated 36V, as displayed on the Bafang software when I plug my computer to the controller.

Attachments

• Image 11.jpg
    Image 11.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,669
FWIW - I have a BBS02 36v. If I give it a 52v battery I get over-voltage error.

I haven't found a way to change the HVC in the controller.

If anyone knows the software required I'd love to know. I'm thinking the kV and corresponding cadence change will make my legs a blur too.....

Jil said:
I have just installed a BBS01-350W on my MTB, and thought it was in 36V, as advertised by the vendor (Eunorau on Aliexpress). Until now I am using 36V batteries, and it works well.

But I've check the display (TFT 850), and the voltage of the battery appears to be adjustable : 24, 36, or 48V (or "UBE", I don't know what it means).

If yes, is it safe to use a 13S Li-ion battery (54.6V at full charge)
Nope, check the bottom of the motor and there should be a rated voltage printed on it. Use only that voltage on the BBS01.

The adjustable voltage parameter on the display, is probably just used to calibrate the voltage reading on the display (if it has one) and/or used for the LVC. As these displays are used on various motors of different voltages, then it may show settings that you may not necessarily require for 36 volts.

It will have different 'options' on the display because the BBS01 came out with different controller options, resulting in different wattages most likely driven by the necessity to be a legally compliant option in some jurisdictions.

Get a controller to match your battery.. this has been covered before. Here is a thread testing it out for you : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=80835

Back