Dome Motors 600W mid drive kit

SwampDonkey

100 W
Has anyone used these? It looks like dirt simple power at a decent price. And isnt that the same motor I see on several kits as well?

s-l225.jpg

You should probably buy it and tell us what it's like. I've been eyeing this one up a fair bit myself lately. 13.4 N.m seems a little wimpy, though. And yea, that motor looks kinda familiar...

The general profile looks the same, I agree, but there are differences. This motor appears to be brushless, for one. I almost bought the stupid thing last night, cause I need another project to spend money on...

They probably got a deal on the case and transmission, and use a brushless motor instead of the brushed. If you do get one and it's loud, repack the gears with full synthetic bearing grease. It's a tough little setup if you like outrunner drives. (I'm just about to give them up, after 5 years.)

I'll still have one as a backup bike, but I'm sick of the noise, chain adjustments, and especially, the freewheels that don't last more than a few years even with a loose drive chain. The last straw was installing a brand new rear wheel assembly, and having the freewheel start to make noise after all of 7 miles.

fourbanger said:
....... What's wrong with outrunners, if you don't mind my asking?t
Just to avoid confusion.... I realise you are loosly refering to this Ezip style drive as an outrunner but... ..."Outrunner" is a specific type of brushless motor that has an internal stator , and a rotating outer magnetic motor casing. Commonly used on RC kit and some DIY ebikes etc.
The motor on this device is not an "outrunner" (technically its an "inrunner" infact)

Derp. I think I knew that and had it backwards.

Note to self: Outrunners have the spinny bit on the outside a la DD hub motor. Inrunners have their hamster wheels inside like the GNG.

There. That seems easy enough to remember. :)

I've got one on the way and will do a comparison with the Currie motor.

Back