BBS02 inside a frame triangle build

andreyb051

1 µW
Hi,

Just wanted to share an interesting combo:
Changebike and BBS02:
I used the following bike: https://www.changebike.com/df-602wf
It worked marvelously! And bike is still fold-able :)

Attachments

• DSC_0050.jpg
    DSC_0050.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 1,669
  • DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 1,666
Great bike for bbs....if it had full suspension it will be the best frame so far

For roadvand light trail seems perfect.

Can you tell the price. ..i didnt find in the page from the bike

Hey,

This is exactly the build I've been looking into and have had a hard time gathering precise info on compatibility. Seeing that you got it up and running is very encouraging!

Do you mind sharing what size the frame is? Also, is it the current generation of the MTB series from Change?

How does it ride? Considering it's a folding frame and all, does it play well with the BBS02?

Thanks in advance!

Great news. So cool you got that 02 to fit inside the front triangle. This would be a great thread for others to post potential full suspension frames that would also allow the HD1000 to fit up into the front triangle. Lets keep out fingers crossed that there will be worthy (Modern) full suspension frames being made that would allow us to place the Bafang's up into the front triangle like you did with your hard tail as shown.

I went over the bars again today because of poor clearance with my motor hanging too low so it was encouraging to see what you have accomplished with this frame. For myself I am reluctant to purchase another bike with out the ability to tuck the motor up where it belongs inside the front triangle.

waynebergman said:
I went over the bars again today because of poor clearance with my motor hanging too low so it was encouraging to see what you have accomplished with this frame. For myself I am reluctant to purchase another bike with out the ability to tuck the motor up where it belongs inside the front triangle.
Hmm, ? ..the Change folding frame actually protrudes significantly below the bottom bracket , so the gain in ground clearance may not be as much as you hope.
But the newer integrated motor drives (Bafang Max, Ultra, Bocsh, etc) will probably give more clearance.
Plenty of those in dual suspension frames now..
..but i dont recall seeing one in a folding frame yet.!

Thanks Hillhater, I think the frame extension below the BB is still not protruding below the chain ring so this makes it a winner. Not interested in integrated systems at all so it the HD1000 for me for now.

Back