Best way to unscew hub motor screws?

wojtek

100 kW
Hello,

I'am trying to unscrew the hubmotor to change the axle but screws are really stuck... It is xlyte crown motor, probably there was some sort of glue put additionally on the screws.
Can you suggest best way to unscew those hub motor screws? I tried the oil thingy that is supposed to help but it didn't help..

Thanks!
Wojtek

it is not about strengh, if i go too strong, the thread gets damaged.

what you mean by heat and shock?

Best is to get a long HEX shanked bit and put into a racheting screwdriver that you can press your weight onto. Also get a closed end hex wrench of appropriate size to turn the bit as you press down. Make sure your bit fits the screw's profile perfectly. Take your time to find a bit that sits in really well.

Also, add some heat before starting. If there is any loctite, that will help break it down a bit and make things easier and if not, the simple expansion of metals should help.

IIRC, the screws aren't Philips, but either JIS or pozidrive. all 3 of those heads look nearly identical, except that the driver for any one of them quickly strips the other 2. They are also held in with a thread locker of some kind. it's been >5 years since I had a Clyte apart. Check the heads, get the right bit, then use an impact driver and a hammer to shock them loose.

JISPhilipspozi.jpg

Heat means hit with fire and it will break down the threadlock glue.

Impact means it's more useful to shock the screw with brief but harsh hits, like with a hammer or impact gun.

Thank You Everyone - will try these hints out!

Well,
I'm just a noob
BUT,
"Best way to unscew hub motor screws"

For me-
After heating and a lot of bad words-

"LEFT Hand Drill Bits"

They are worth whatever the cost
just
sayn

Back