X-Treme "Rocky Road" Fat E-Bike (Don't Laugh)

formula101

1 kW
I'm a little embarrassed to say that I'm interested in this bike. However, I have been looking for a decent bike with full suspension that could accommodate a rear rack, and this model seems to fit the bill.

The rear suspension shock looks to be of wal-mart quality and the promotional vids are patricularly embarrassing. There doesn't seem to be any legitimate seller selling this item except for a drop shipper with multiple sketchy websites. Any potential purchase would be protected via PayPal or credit card, but still..

Does anyone have any experience riding this model? I"m guessing not and I'll be a beta tester...

x-treme-rocky-road-500w-48v104ah-fat-tire-electric-mountain-bike-fat-x-treme-5_2000x.jpg

[youtube]H-LMaEit7Og[/youtube]

[youtube]N7RBFyOfCkc[/youtube]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll:

The handlebar can holder is a nice touch.

I think you'd be better off just buying a used bike of your choosing and buying a kit.
There are very few choices for full suspension fat bikes, but you'd be much happier over-all.
Also such a very specific riding condition bicycle, such as a fat bike, should not be your primary bicycle.
Maybe find a full suspension bicycle with like 2.5" or 2.8"/3.0" tires for a year round bike. Then buy a battery from a reputable builder, then some sketch bs online. Then depending on your terrain, going MAC/EZEE/GMAC for geared motor, BBSHD/Cyclone for Mid drive, or Leaf 1500W, MXUS 3000W for direct drive. Then any ole controller, throw in some torque arms, a few spare throttles and call it a day.

Leafmotor.com - everything ex battery
Leafbike.com - everything ex battery
EM3EV.com - everything inc battery
ebikes.ca - everything inc battery

How much weight are you putting on the rack? I just today installed a new rack which mounts to the seatpost. It's pretty stout.

I have two fat bikes, one with full suspension and one hard tail. The rear suspension on the FS bike is pretty lame and I don't think it feels much better than the hard tail. Personally, I would recommend getting a hard tail (especially if you want a rear rack) and get a Thudbuster seat post. The Thudbuster is much more effective than the rear suspension on a cheap bike and much less prone to problems.

Xtreme was around in 2015 when I first started looking at ebikes. Their current Baja model was only 36V then, but also only $699 (Yikes 48V and better controller is $1699 in 2020) Instead, I converted an Trek for $500. Had a lot of fun with it,

No laughing here. Too much ebike arrogance in this world of ebikes costing $4000. I have a bunch of bikes converted like my first one. They go. They stop. They always run. Last year I bought a $779 20" fat tire bike with 36V motor. It works great in my opinion. On that basis, Xtreme is asking a lot of money for being a 3rd tier supplier.

Well I’m buck the trend and advise that you go for it. You have to jump in somewhere on these things, and if it doesn’t meet your expectations, the forum will support you on choosing upgrades until it does.

Also, the societal benefits outweigh the risks in that you’ll be providing hands on experience and feedback to the forum helping everyone else that’s wondering about the bike.

As a matter of fact, you’ll have more than your fifteen minutes of fame, since anyone googling the bike will see your review come up first, so it’s a worldwide benefit, not just for forum members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called customer service for x-treme and encountered a crazy old witch of a customer service rep. She couldn't have been any more hostile. I talked her off the bridge, but it took some doing.

I then called a dealer for x-treme and the store owner told me a story of when he tried to track down a replacement part for one of their bikes and their rep cussed him out over the phone lol. Then, a year later the same rep called him back begging him to sell their bikes!

There is little doubt that everyone stateside associated with the company is an absolute train wreck of an incompetent. Having said that, these are generic bikes from stock components and will probably function perfectly indefinitely.

Probably just a "store" "front" to make it look like they are in the u.s.a.
Drop shipper whatever
Doesnt matter
Skip the X-Shitreme Shitty Road

formula101 said:
There is little doubt that everyone stateside associated with the company is an absolute train wreck of an incompetent.

Here's an interview with the owner of x-treme bikes. He simply goes by "Greg." No last name. Legal troubles perhaps? He drop ships to a number of e-commerce sites he partners with. His own website? He mentions a couple in the video interview, and I believe they're operating under at least three websites currently.

We are clearly dealing with the dregs of the e-bike world, which in and of itself is little more than a a patchwork of fly by night vendors shipping from china under a seemingly endless list of brand names.

"Greg" cuts corners more than any other vendor I've encountered. His "customer service" reps work from home, and he skims from the absolute bottom of the barrel to find them. The bikes he sold in the past were as cheap as could be made, 24 and 36 volt models. For whatever reason, he's now selling a relatively advanced 48volt full suspension fat e-bike with surprisingly modern design features, including relatively short chain stays, a standard Mozo fat fork and linkage driven single pivot rear suspension. Strange, since most other full suspension e-bikes in this price class (M2S, Ecobike) are clearly inferior designs.

In other words, I have no idea what "Greg's" business model is, and I doubt he does either.

[youtube]12Rh1uyESdY[/youtube]

"Greg" looks like a sketchy guy
I'd just ditch the thought of buying anything from "Greg"

Skip the generic bicycle crap! Its gonna give you more grief then its worth pissing on.

Again: Buy a brand name fat bike, rigid frame and buy yourself a nice good front suspension fork. Even my bicycle shaped object from Costco fat bike is riding fine with stock Shimano Alivio parts, and rigid fork. Giant does make that frame for Costco!
Its got a wimpyass 9c front motor pumping out a whomping 36V26A of hulkster mania power to push around 375lbs of pure lean mean muscles :wink:
Ideally a rear Leafmotor or Leafbike 1500W kit would work wonders, plug and play and ready to rock n roll. Find you some flat bar steel and grind you up some torque arms and slap some hose clamps on there. I personally wouldnt bother with a rear hub geared like a MAC, but its an option. Then if you so desire, getting a mid drive BBSHD or Cyclone-TW would work well too, but you gotta be careful because they are based off the bb shell width, and they do come in different flavors/widths

Here's an interview with one of x-treme's drop shippers. Clearly, he knows nothing about bicycles and cares not a lick about the industry. It's a convenient way for him to make money while living as an expat in Mexico. It looks like a nice product but everyone associated with it comes off as scammy, weird, and incompetent.

Then again, I've made countless purchases at Walmart and amazon and neither is known for their ethical business practices...

https://www.generationxit.com/podcast/mindset-matters-interview-with-a-57-year-old-successful-dropship-entrepreneur/

The thumbnail picture of the video says all there is that needs to be known: He has got sketchy eyes, a beautiful lady in front of him and he is looking away. Sketchy!

All you have to do is to go into the transaction with the expectation of receiving no service before or after the bike arrives. If you're OK with that, and having no other way to verify the quality of what you're buying, then it should be a very pleasant experience.

In other words, if you were already OK with taking a chance on the bike, based on some internet research and YouTube videos, then you simply have to get comfortable with the service part. And honestly, that part is the expectation a lot of people go in with for any transaction sourced from China.

Go for it! :bigthumb: Accept that the chance for the bigger reward comes with increased risk. It's a big gamble, and it doesn't look like anyone else on this thread is willing to chance it. Someone has the be the pioneer.
devil.jpg

I own this bike ....and I love it!! First of all i like the price point .....it came with an extra battery, and when you read the owners manual it tells you that you can upgrade the forks and rear suspension...that is the only reason it sells for 1600.00 or around there he could have put s 1000. Back shock and fox forks and you would be paying 4000.00 for this bike ...the frame is really well welded and comfortable... most of everything is mid range quality I was disappointed in the back shock....did not come with fenders or luggage rack...however it is a bafang motor and controller and led screen...super good quality.. not just generic tires but kenda juggernaut tires metal mesh so ...there are plenty great things about this bike ..it goes great in dirt ...gravel ...pavement offers a new upgrade battery now thats a 48v 17ah...longer rides!! Its not a five thousand dollar ebike but it is a great ebike....I would recommend it to anyone...unless your a pro ebike rider and then you wouldn't look at this type of bike anyway...hope this helps a little..

Like markz suggested it would be better to buy the bike you want and build from there. The frame itself looks decent but pretty much everything needs to be upgraded. Seems like they could’ve at least included hydraulic brakes.

Edit: wait this is a old thread :lol:

Back