XLD 36v Controller

silentguy

100 W
I ordered this controller and Display

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07T846V6L/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It’s not exactly the same as pictured.
I figured out the throttle and got that to work
I can’t get the PAS sensor to be recognized and I know the sensor is fine but maybe not compatible with this controller. It’s a 10 steel double hall sensor pas: cadence sensor.

Also I can’t figure out what this wire is for
It looks like it has a screw adjuster on it.

Here’s a better pic
There are 2 white wires going to this blue item
with a screw.
110 T
W 104

That’s the writing on it

Any idea what this does ?

the "screw adjuster" is a potentiometer.

if it's not listed in the device manual (if there is one) then you'd have to check with the manufacturer of the device it's attached to to find out what it is for, and the adjustment / calibration procedure (if any) for whatever it does.

alternately you can disassemble the device it's attached to and trace out where the wires coming from the potentiometer (pot) lead to, and post good clear pics of that so we may be able to guess what it is intended to do (as there are a number of possibilities). (disassembly risks damaging the device, though, so keep that in mind)

it could be for adjusting:
--current limit
--lvc
--hvc
--speed limit
--throttle response
--pas response
or other things i can't think of right now.

regarding the pas sensor:

in your other post about this in a different thread
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1523853#p1523853
you said you have it connected to the throttle connector. pas sensors are not throttles and don't nromally output a voltage range like a throttle does, so this won't work. you must connect it to the pas connector of the controller, and with the correct wiring order. the wrong wiring order can damage either the controller or the pas or both, so if you do'nt know what the wiring order should be, it can be risky to experiment to find out.

since the connectors are usually 3 wires, power, ground, and signal, you might be ablet o assume that red is power, black is ground, and the remaining wire is signal. if there are more than three wires on the sensor, then it is not likely to be compatible with a common controller's pas input connector, which is normally only three, as it may output signals that the controller's pas input can't understand.

even with only three wires, it's still possible that the signal it outputs is not the common type of pulse train, and the controller may not respond as expected (or at all), when connected to the pas input connector on the controller.

these sensors are also usually directional, so they either don't output any signal when rotated in reverse, or output a different kind of signal when reversed. so you must make sure to set it up in the right orientation on the cranks so it spins in the original direction. if magnet ring and sensor are separate (the most common way of doing it) then the sensor itself must also be close enough to the magnet ring for it to detect the magnets and make pulses; if it's not it may work intermittently or not at all.

Roots Rocker answered your question about the trim pot. On mine counter clockwise all the way out allows me to cut the indicated throttle speed by 25%.

On mine, the PAS cable is red, blue, black with red/black being power.

I figured out that I needed a KT V12 PAS sensor

The pas sensor I had was not compatible.

I removed the POT and tried as many different settings as I could , but it didn’t seem to affect speed

Thanks for everyone’s help.

Back