can't turn on bike

Skinnwalk3r

100 µW
so i bought and built myself a ebike with 48v 3000w motor and everything is connected correctly and when i was about to start it up the screen wont turn on, anyway i can bypass this?
https://imgur.com/w9TyLbQ

so i read and found something that i can short some of the display cables to be able to start the controller in a basic level 1 mode but what cables should be shortet

red = anode (24v/36v/48v)
blue = power cord to controller
black = GND
green= RxD
Yellow = TxD

Skinnwalk3r said:
everything is connected correctly and when i was about to start it up the screen wont turn on, anyway i can bypass this?
https://imgur.com/w9TyLbQ

If everything is connected correctly then why not send the display back for one that works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to wiring diagram instructions, and verified by the jumper that comes with a KT controller with NO display connected. A bypass for a KT-LCDx type display requires...

1) Jumper from V+(Red #1) to Control (Blue #2).
2) Jumper from Ground (Black #3) to RX (Yellow #5).

Regards,
T.C.

that did not work, maybe it will work with some controller but didnt do it with mine, guess i need the screen to just turn it on and use the ebike but anyway, thanks for willing to help me atleast

Did you get the 5vdc controller power to energize after jumping the display wires? It's possible the PAS could restart at 0, disabling both throttle and PAS on some systems.
Please take no offence... you are holding down the power on button for a few seconds to activate?
Is there battery power to Red and Black wires to display?

I'm sure with you giving specific information on your controller, more accurate and helpful suggestions could be made. Glad to help.

wait, do i need the display to be connected while jumping wires inside the display or, yeah i am new to this so sorry if i am a bit slow also english isn't my 1st language

first, what specific controller do you have?
please provide a link to the seller so we can see what info they have and if we can use that to help you

second, what specific display do you have?
please provide a link to the seller so we can see what info they have and if we can use that to help you

third, did they come as a kit, or did you buy them separately?
(if so, they may not be able to work together, as displays are controller-specific)

fourth, what specific battery do you have?

if the battery voltage is below the lvc for the controller, it won't allow you to turn it on.

there are a number of problems that could keep your system from turning on.

the battery could be too low a voltage.

the battery could have a problem so that without a load it reads full but with any load at all, even a tiny one, it shuts down the output so it can't power the system.

the lcd could be incompatible with the controller

the controller could be defective.

the lcd could be defective.

the wiring could be incorrect or incomplete.

etc.

without knowing what exact stuff you have, we can't eliminate the simple problems that you can fix there.

this is the battery at 48v and 38.8ah https://webike.en.alibaba.com/product/60617012927-804496369/48V_29A_lithium_battery_pack_with_BMS_inside_Panasonic_battery_cell_suitable_for_enduro_electric_bike.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.9.11f56005Hfq63H and connector is the andersson to connect battery to controller

lcd i believe is a tft-750c and that came with the controller 3000w48v and modellnumber is LL4860-UART
and screen picture
https://imgur.com/a/6WOkzqW
Apparently it also says it is a smart sinewave controller

Skinnwalk3r said:
this is the battery at 48v and 38.8ah https://webike.en.alibaba.com/product/60617012927-804496369/48V_29A_lithium_battery_pack_with_BMS_inside_Panasonic_battery_cell_suitable_for_enduro_electric_bike.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.9.11f56005Hfq63H and connector is the andersson to connect battery to controller

everything on that page says that's only a 29ah battery, so if you were told it's a 38.8ah, you've been cheated.

not only that, but the specs don't actually even specify that you get 29ah, it has a wide range of possible capacity of "21 - 30Ah", which indicates it is probably made of junk cells, possibly evne used ones recycled from dead batteries, so that they don't even know how much capacity each cell really has. (i doubt it actually has the panasonic 29pf cells it claims to, that they're genuine even if marked as such) so you could have a battery that's barely half of what you were told, if its' at the low end of that range. :(

it also claims it has a case that lets you bolt it onto the eeb frame, but it's just a heatshrink-encased block, with no casing at all, and certainly no mounting brackets.

it's only capable of about 20a continous, probably twice that for a short peak. so it's not suitable for running your 3000w system, which is going to be able to demand three times what that battery is capable of handling.

it also claims the battery is only 5kg in one place, and 10kg in another. thats' much too large a discrepancy to be from packaging for shipping.

website says said:
48V 29A lithium battery pack with BMS inside Panasonic battery cell suitable for enduro electric bike
Quick Details
Type:
Lithium Battery
Voltage:
48v
Capacity:
21 - 30Ah
Application:
Pack Battery
Nominal Capacity (Ah):
29Ah
Nominal Voltage (V):
48 Volts
Cycle life:
500 Cycles
Certification:
CE/ROSH/MSDS/UN38.3
Product name:
48V Electric Bike Battery
Warranty:
12 Months
Weight:
5kg
Battery type:
Lithium-ion 18650
Inside cell:
Panasonic battery cell 29PF
<snip>
Product Description
48V 29A lithium battery pack with BMS inside Panasonic battery cell suitable for enduro electric bike:
Pack battery is suitable to install in the triangle of the mountain bike frame, there is battery holder which will be installed on the frame by screws and holes. Battery is easy for release and get the recharge. it is Panasonic 18650 cell inside this type of the battery case.

The battery is suitable for any kind of the bikes, and our enduro e-bike use the battery case to load the battery and put inside the frame, it is heavy but long distance support.

1. Standard charge current: ;
2. Max Charge current: 10A;
3. Empty discharge voltage: 40V;
4. Max continuous current: 20A;
5. Recycle times: 500 cycles;
6. Suitable motor power: 350W 500W 1000W;
7. Weight: 10kgs;
8. Packing Size: 40*28*28cm.

lcd i believe is a tft-750c and that came with the controller 3000w48v and modellnumber is LL4860-UART
and screen picture
https://imgur.com/a/6WOkzqW
Apparently it also says it is a smart sinewave controller

a search does not find any info on "ll4860" with or without the uart portion, so we still need a link to the sales pages for these; they should have some info on how they should be hooked up, evne if it's badly translated into english, we may still be able to decipher it and help you make sure it's correclty wired.

if the pages don't have any info, we'll need to you provide any wiring information that the seller(s) did provide you, if any, as well as good careful pictures of the entire wire bundle on each part of the kit showing the connectors, and wires on each connector, so we can help you make sure the wires are correctly connected.

it may be something very simple, rather than a defective part.

as i said, english is not a strongpoint for me, what i meant to say was that the battery is 38,8ah, says on the battery itself but it looks like the battery in the link, sorry if it confused you alot but with alot thiker wires from the battery maybe 16 gage or 14, not sure but it is thick

Skinnwalk3r said:
as i said, english is not a strongpoint for me, what i meant to say was that the battery is 38,8ah, says on the battery itself but it looks like the battery in the link, sorry if it confused you alot but with alot thiker wires from the battery maybe 16 gage or 14, not sure but it is thick
ok, well, without links to the *actual* stuff you have, all we can do is guess, which isn't likely to be helpful to you.

so, again, please post links to the pages where you bought the actual stuff you have, so we can help you.

fwiw, 16-14g isn't all that thick for battery wires.

TommyCat said:
From OP's controller picture, model found no too far away... :wink:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99888
yes, but as i noted previously, the information does not lead to any controllers with the same model number (even if they did, it may not be the same kit purchased and thus may have completely different wiring / settings / etc).

for the system in the kit in your link
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32806584218.html
below are the specs that page shows, via google translate. they indicate a much more powerful motor and presumably controller, which may have completely different wiring, setup, settings, etc., so even though it looks similar, may not be much help in determining how the op's specific kit needs to be setup so we can help him find out what is wrong. i've attached the images it has of wiring, just in case they are.

but the op will have to verify if this is or is not *exactly* the same information as what he bought uses, before we can use this information to help him. otherwise we are still only guessing and using up time.

given the single connector the op does show in his linked image, i doubt the kit wiring is similar, as there is no connector like that on the wiring image from the page you link to. if it is the display connector, it is definitely different, because the display connector on the linked kit is a rectangular connector rather than round...but we have no information on the rest of the wiring or connectors for the op's actual system.

2019 Powerful Leili 72v 8000w Electric Bike Conversion Kit for Enduro Ebike
The package contains the following:
1). 8000 w DC motor with double hall sensor (open size of 150mm, suitable for bicycle disc brake and single 16-tooth freewheel for the bicycle chain.)
2) .Standard19 "Motorcycle rims with Spoke (if you want 18" or 21 "motorcycle rim, please confirm with seller before placing order)
3). Colorful display
4). Leili 72 v sine wave controller. 100A (impossible to program)
5). Half-twist accelerator or thumb throttle to choose
6). Electric brake (for switching off on both sides)
7). Simple 16-tooth freewheel for bicycle
8). DC 12 V converter
Specifications:
1. Power: 8000 w
2. Voltage: 72V
3. Unloading speed of the engine: 100-120 km / h
4. Wheel size: 19 "for the motorcycle rim (our enduro frame is suitable for the largest motorcycle rim is 19")
5. Efficiency: 90%
6. RPM: 950 rpm / min
7.brake type: disc brake
8. Engine color: elegant black
9. Rear engine width: 150mm

Retail show:
Rim motor ---- 8000 w DC motor with double hall sensor
8000w motor in rim 1
Controller --- 72 v100A Intelligent controller
When the speed limit line connects, the speed will be limited to less than 20 km / h, please note!
If you don't want a speed limit, you don't need to connect this two speed speed limit cable
cnontroller
Brake --- 2 brake levers
brake levers
Butterfly --- Half Torsion accelerator or thumb accelerator to choose
thumb and twist

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 2,135
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,135