A2B Stolen today...

spudlaunch

1 µW
Sigh... my first post to ES, and it's that my new, black A2B Metro was stolen today in Toronto, Ontario. I'm posting in case anyone sees one for sale cheap, or runs across any of the parts in their travels. It's a long shot, but I'll post a couple of the serial numbers.

Chassis: F001F0041
Battery: SATDAB9080692
Motor: UM0920207

Police report filed. Insurance... we'll see...

Thanks to all. I look forward to chatting about more positive eBike developments soon.

You have my sincerely heart felt condolences.
The only thing I can think of that sux worse than having a bike stolen is having an unlocked bike stolen.

Where abouts in Toronto please. Want to keep an eye out. I am St.Geo & Bloor
Lock

Thanks. It was downtown, at the CBC - Wellington & John. Security folks are going over the tapes (there was a camera nearby). It's such a distinctive bike, I'm hoping someone will notice it. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for keeping your eyes out. I actually rode it in to work this morning on the Goodman/Harbourfront trail. It's so dumb - I just got the bike days ago - and I had a kryptonite lock that was too small, so I used it as a temporary padlock on a kryptonite cable. I was literally on my way to by a larger u-lock at Urbane Cylclist after work when I saw the cut cable lying beside the bike rack (my bike, conspicuously absent...). Needless to say, lesson learned.

BTW spudlaunch, I copied your msgs here:
http://www.ebikeriders.com/messages/boards/thread/9094517

It's a MeetUp forum... If ya don't mind the MeetUp signup process, there are 80 or so Toronto ebikers aboard so far... Mostly scooter-style ebikes, so it'd be nice to have a more... errrr... well-rounded range of ebikers aboard
Cheers
Lock

ugh, so horrible to hear. Hope everything works out with the insurance company! We;ll have to set you up with a serious alarm system next time!

Sorry for your loss.

How are these thefts typically done. Do they cut the locks and throw them in a pickup or van, or pedal away? If pedaled away then we all really need to push for the security feature on hub motored bikes where the controller locks the motor when the bike is turned off. My motors are atypical and cog enough to make pedaling away quite difficult.

John

Damn that sucks dude.. :cry: .. i love my A2B.. I park the damn thing inside a secure building and still worry about it... :oops:

It is unique looking enough to make it easy to spot, and without the charger/key the thief is basically sol unless he hacks it ( unlikely ) .. i hope it comes back to you.. :|

I hate to hear about your loss. I hope the video will provide evidence to get your bike back. And I hope the bastard is caught and skined alive!!! I ride a tadpole trike. I like it and it seems so does the public. I get a lot of attention and mostly positive comments or thumbs up expressions. I like that part but it makes me nervous to leave it unattended. The penalty for having a disirable ride. Maybe I need a second unit. A sleeper that looks like shit but is mechanically right for utility purposes. Damn the scumbag crooks!

ebent

Though I'm not in the area to keep an eye out, I'm really sorry.

If you can handle the weight of an e-bike, you might consider one of these. I have one, keep it in my backpack. It doubles as a melee weapon.

So sorry for your loss man! What a fine ride! Ill send a pray out fer ya, and keep my eyes and ears open too. SS

I'm in the East End. I will treat all A2B riders as thieves until yours is found. "Hey, that's a nice bike, wow, I want one just like that one. Can I take a look? Would you want to sell it? What's your phone#? I'd like to come pick it up, what's your address?..."

Where are the serial #'s located? I'll put them into my PDA so I can compare them if I see one. I bet Lock has the best chance, I see very few EV's in my neck of the woods.

All the best, having stuff stolen hurts two ways, replacement cost, feeling of being disrespected and ripped off (which is usually worse)

Katou

spudlaunch might also want to post a notice, including his contact information, in the bicycle section on craigslist.
Today there's one A2B listed for sale on May 1st and 24 hits for the word "stolen".

Please give us the contact details of your insurance company. We can all drop them an email letting them know we are all interested as individuals on the outcome of the claim and how the company treats ebike's under insurance.

I am sorry about your A2B loss and Hope work it out with your insurance cover replacement.

Lessss said:
Please give us the contact details of your insurance company. We can all drop them an email letting them know we are all interested as individuals on the outcome of the claim and how the company treats ebike's under insurance.

Headline from newspaper: Ebiker gang hassles insurance company. :(

Sorry about your ride. Determined thieves will cut through anything and pick up Harleys and throw them in the back of trucks.

Thanks everybody. Much appreciated. It looks like my insurance will cover most of the loss (though I'm not counting any chickens yet...). If it all works out, I'm getting another bike and the mother of all U locks, and some manner of force field.

Happy trails.

Back