Bike Frames.. What U got ?

Ypedal

Staff member
I'm working on yet another project ( yeah.. it never ends.. huh.. ) and i need to know what bike frames everyone is using .

The area of interest is the head tube length and diameter, but with the frame brands and models i can find the specs i need.

For starters..

- Norco Chaos 2005
- Downtube FS 5 Folder
- Giant ATX 890
- Peugeot MTB ( at work.. and i don't remember the model )
- Bonnelli MTB ('' )
- Schwinn OCC Stingray chopper
- Wavecrest frame x 2
- Raleigh MTB..

Would you beleive these are all in my KITCHEN !!! :shock:

Hard to tell without Xray goggles I know, but mine is a Men's Cadillac AVP 2.1 (19" I think...) It's the cheapest MTB or Comfort bike I could find with both front and rear suspension, and front and rear disc brakes.

http://www.cadillacbicycles.com/adventure_avp21.html

My current winter beater is a mid 90's Giant Yukon. I also have a late 80's Miyata GT600 light touring bike, but both of theese are outside and it's what, -30? so I won't go measure them just yet.

My parent's bikes are quite recent Giant Option hybrids, in their case it's 11cm lenght minus the cups, and 11cm circumference.

One of my nice weather bikes is an '98 Oryx Equipe 7000ds that has a dual crown fork & the modern kind of head set where the "potence" don't plunge into the fork tube but instead clamps onto it. The frame's head tube is 13cm's long excluding the bearing cups. Outer circumference of this tube is 14cm.

Back