Spooky Tooth Undead Race Results

dogman dan

1 PW
Well, I did not crash, nor did I lose. But I am a dumb shit. Silly me, while running in second, I see checkerd flag. Not all of it, but quite a bit. I realize that it's early, but I'd been seeing yellow flag on several corners and one guy looked pretty beat up. The three of us 1,2&3, take a very slow last lap where nobody even comes close to catching us, and myself and the guy behind me enter the pits. After a few laps, it dawns on us that the race is not over! ARGGGH. I trick or treated and got tricked. Tricked into a DNF.

I was kicking ass and taking names, and barring a crash was garaunteed a third. In fact, the checkers was the flag guy trying to black flag the leader, and I quit racing while in first place. ARRRGH! I think the guy behind me would have had me by the last lap, as he did in the heat race. Voltage drop and all.

Yes, I'm a total novice from the sticks, but I never heard of any use whatsoever of the checkerd flag except the end of the race. I thought they had stopped the race early to clean up the blood or something. There seemed to be lots of crashes.

Can't download my camera on this hotel computer, so vid later.

More than one dude called me the real winner, and there was lots of amazed riders, particularly ones I had to reach out and touch in the heat race when I was a bit slower. Excuse me dude, Ebike sneaking through on the inside. :twisted:

Some of the vid is starting to post here. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22573&p=328394#p328394

In the main, with 100v, I was way fast, and only the guy in the blue leathers that came in second last spring could beat me. He got DQ'ed for no gloves. So now I know what voltage keeps up, and what might win.

Right on Dogman!

Way to represent!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well done DogMaNz... I am both pleased and saddened by your result i.e The 'Frock' name lives :mrgreen: ... Running
in the top 3 is an excellent effort DoGMaN and leaps and bounds improvement on last year with the more underpowered
setup you ran... Were the same fellas racing or was the crowd down on the 'Death Race' ? Did Amberwolf make a showing and run?
EVTodd? IIRC was meant to be going ? any other ES people manage to get on track? Great to hear your safe and had a good
run anywayz DoGMaNz... Also shows that you don't need a ton of top end on a short track with lotsa turns...If you had
a bike that got to 45mph in 3-4 seconds from stand still and carried enough lipo to make the distance at full or near
to full power Dogman...would it be a competitive bike?

KiM

I think officially, any flag they roll-up and point at someone can be used to black-flag a racer, but doing it with the checker is so f'ed up.

It also seems super f'ed up to black-flag the race leader? WTF? It's not like you have anyone to be pushing or being too aggressive with if you're leading. Seems like they had some terrible officials.

3 cheers for Dogman!
Good show. Now we won't be taken too lightly. Was any one keeping lap times?
I can't wait to see the video...or to read the comments over a motored bikes! :shock: :lol:
& mostly I can't wait to line up with ya'll next Aprill. congrats on a great showing.

Thud said:
3 cheers for Dogman!
Good show. Now we won't be taken too lightly. Was any one keeping lap times?
I can't wait to see the video...or to read the comments over a motored bikes! :shock: :lol:
& mostly I can't wait to line up with ya'll next Aprill. congrats on a great showing.

For those that aren't members at Motorbicyling.com heres Moderator and competitor Dave31's take on the day

"Thanks to everyone who came out for UnDead Race 2010 it was lots of fun.

We had only about 17-20 riders participating in the race. We had the whole day to practice and cruise around the track and everyone took full advantage of it. There is no track that I know of that will allow that with only a $15 entry fee so BIG THANKS to Musselman Honda Circuit.

With so few riders we only ran one heat with 6 laps and everyone transferring to the main event.

The main event was 12 laps and boy did we have drama and crashes! Somehow I was in last place but got 4th place in the finish with the Rockhopper. Still trying to figure that one out.

Alex Campa won the race on the B1 but was disqualified for not wearing gloves. The flag man screwed up and pulled the checkered flag on several riders with two laps still to go. So those guys pulled off the track thinking the race was over. I am so sorry guys! you guys just got screwed and there is no other way to say it. I spoke to Charlie after the race and he feels horrible about it, but the bottom line is you guys got shafted and all I can say is I apologize on behalf of Mussleman Honda Circuit.

There was a big crash in turn 3 and I swear I thought Tcams was very seriously injured when I went by him the first time. He did hurt his ankle but I am glad thats all it was. All I saw was bodies and bikes everywhere and it looked bad. But I think everyone walked away thank goodness.

So when all the crashes, drama and the guys who broke down during the race was all over Tim took 1st place, Gary took 2nd and doug713 took 3rd.

Congratulations guys, it just goes to show never give up even if you are in last place, because you never know what can happen. Thats why I love racing so much! You can never predict the outcome."

And he has some pics up here

unrace044.jpg

unrace087.jpg

unrace055.jpg

unrace056.jpg

Theres more pics of DogMaNz riding than anyone else! LoL Go The DoGMaNz

AND LOOK WHO MADE IT!!!!

unrace068.jpg

unrace067.jpg

Amberwolf you crazy mofo did you actually race CB2???

Sounds like par for the course at any race meeting lots of stacks thankfully none hurt... Great to see the officials disqualified a guy for inappropriate safety gear
why someone would take to a track to race without gloves is beyond me, nearly always the first or second thing that hits the ground is your hands :-S

Did you mix it up in the corners as much this year DoGMaNz? elbowz flying about as you all fought for the best line? hehe Thud you will be in your eliment
at the Death Race, first corner in motocross is always erm.."exciting" Tiz either back off and make it through safe and be left behind at the tail
of the field or go all in, love watching first corner happenings of most motorsports but bikes usually always a crash or someone running off the track hehe

Look forward to VIDEOzzzz

KiM

How could anyone not love this guy and his machine!

unrace068.jpg

sounds like a great time.. thanks for the updates.

Well between the crashes of others and other mixups and confusion as well as not being able to use my race bike, (flat tire) I still came in I thought 4th but maybe it was 5th with my secondary bike and daily commuter Evoforce bike build 1. Too tired to say much more but had a great day of fun. Talk more later. Thought I had my video cam working but got home to find I had not taken any video. My first time using it and it came with Chineese instructions so I guessed wrong on the buttons. :(

Tiberius said:
Thud said:
3 cheers for Dogman!
Good show. Now we won't be taken too lightly...

+1 from me. Well done, Dogman.

Lol, I once did the opposite mistake and carried on racing for two laps after the race was over.

Nick

I did that at the last cheesy YMCA swimming meet I was in. I had no lap counter for myself in the 500 freestyle (20lengths), and ended up doing a 550 (22lengths) with a killer no-breath sprint on the 21st-22nd lengths thinking I was slightly behind. I then blacked out at the edge of the pool for a bit, and vomited upon the edge of the pool. Also ripped the back out of the speedo that used to be my favorite highschool/college race suit that I was now at least 20lbs too fat to fit. It was pretty classy. A win is a win though. Eat it other YMCA swim meet people, I lapped you all by mistake, puked on your pool deck, and exposed myself to you and your families. 8)

hey dogman, the man on the blue bike was allowed to race his bike in a motored "bicycle" race? because this kind of 50cc mopeds can push upto 15hp if race prepped ! they also have 6 speed. I'm talking of yahama tzr and such bikes...

liveforphysics said:
Also ripped the back out of the speedo that used to be my favorite highschool/college race suit that I was now at least 20lbs too fat to fit. It was pretty classy.

ROFL...so...Luke, do we start callin you "muffin tops" now do we tehehe
i'm sure the local ladies were impressed with your "classy" look :mrgreen: ... oh oh hehe please
tell me you also had a swim cap on to 'complete' the look?

EDIT:- first video has been upped on Motorbicyling here tiz

[youtube]YqQSmXGzn2I[/youtube]

Is the parade lap before the main race i believe?

KiM

Dogman, you are the MAN! That is both awesome and sucks ass at the same time. I always run one extra lap at the end, you never know for sure till you see everyone else pull off.

Sounds like you are almost there with the power. I bet they will be scrambling to try and squeeze out a tad more out of their stinky's now that you showed em! Of course you will be upping the watts as well, so by next race all their efforts will be in vein

I had a race myself this weekend in the Electrathon. We took first place. Not to side track your thread but our race is here http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21401&start=15#p328249

Keep up the good work. GO DogzManZ

I didn't catch the name of the other guy, who also saw the only partialy rolled up checkered flag and followed me off the track. But more than one guy was calling me the real winner, and him second. But the fact was, both of us DNF'd.

He very likey would have caught me in 5 more laps, he was getting closer and closer by the time we left the track.

As the official with the flag said, "stay on the track even if black flagged" He also said he didn't own a black flag. Funny, I coulda swore I gave him several black Ebikekit t shirts minuites before the main event. :lol:

I get it about the rolled up flag. Charlie swore he had at most an inch of the flag unrolled, but I saw at least 3- 4 checkers unfurled. We'd had lots of yellow flags, one guy looked really hurt, I thought people were ignoring the yellows and racing too hard in the warned corners and they were fed up with us yahoos, and were ending the race. I thought he just didn't have time to unroll it all the way. I knew it was not time, I had never seen a white flag, but when nobody caught us in our slow, return to pits lap, I really thought everybody had stopped racing.

In reality, the three of us were so hugging far ahead even a parade lap was not enough for them to catch up with us. Just before I decided it was real and entered the pits, I looked for the flag man at the finish line. He'd been waving yellow at us for several laps, and he was GONE. So no flagman at the finish anymore, what the hug was I to think? Last spring, there was a guy with a flag there, till the race was over.

Learning curve is always steep. The only racing I ever did was ski races and a few bicycle races. They've promised to get a real black flag, and be sure to explain the flags to us better. There was a sign up, that I didn't read this time. Like all disasters big or small, its always a chain of things, not just a single cause.

Charlie should have kept his flag rolled up more, and I should have ignored all till they chased me down on the quadrunner and yelled at me. :lol:

I took it like a sportsman, but have to admit, I slept about two hours last night, laying there getting madder and madder. I doubt Id'a slept at all though If I'd won. 8) Well, now I'm nice and motivated for next time. And they are worried sick over how many volts I'll bring next time. :twisted: We throw some battery money at it, and Ebikes will start owning that race. I got some serious looks when I got back from the first laps of practice. They saw me chasing down and passing guys that rented the little race bikes and got a bit worried. Later on, guys wanted to see my speedo max speed. I told em I never reset it, so the speed was from a several mile straightaway. That I was only hitting about 38 mph on the track. Some of em's eyes bugged out :shock: when they saw 47.4 mph on the speedo. :mrgreen: I kept on saying, guys, in the ebike crowd, this bike is only moderately fast.

When I put 100 v to em in the main, I was unstoppable except for Alex who got some space on me in the first corner, and I just couldn't catch. The man has me outclassed in the corners for sure, but I'm getting better. I think I simply need to bring 120v next time and run em down like dogs in the straightaways. The one lucky thing for me, sortof, was FR31 blew his engine in the practice laps. So I didn't have to try to keep up with the morini. Voltage drop is a definite issue with 10 ah of pack size, so I'll have to fork up some more money for lipo, and bring 30s 15 ah for the main next time.

The 6 lap main, including parade laps used 4.2 ah. The main was nearly the same, so I think I may have done 6 laps there too. The main event is 12 laps. They do a parade lap before the start to get the riders warmed up just a bit, so some crashes get avoided. The issue is not can you finish the race, but can you finish with 90-100 v so you are still fast at the end. In the heat race, I got just slow enough to get passed by the guy who also dnf'd. I pedaled like hell the last lap, because others were gaining on me too by then. 75v is too slow to podium for sure, with a 9c 2807. I had em with 84v, but as soon as the voltage dropped some, they started to catch me. All the gassers were bloody amazed though, at the speed off the start line, and out of corners. Some of that, of course, was simply getting back on the throttle at apex. I could hear some gettng on much later.

Speaking of hearing, the heat race was fun as hell. I deliberately lined up nearly last so I could get everybody possible in a few min of vid. So I ended up passing quite a few in the first 30 feet, and then dove into the first 6 corners in the pack. Right away I underbraked a corner and did some tire rubbing. Luckily I didn't take him out. After that I shouted at the next guy I snuck up on, and got some running space. It took me a long time to run down the next one. So as I passed him, I gave him a tap on the shoulder. Priceless look on the guys face. This was the same guy who dnf'd with me, so we got chummy on the track both races. Hopefully he's not blaming me too much for leading him off the track. I slowed down after that flag, so he had some help thinking the race was over. They will have to learn to look back from time to time. :mrgreen: I came in 4th in the heat race, with just 72v. With 100 v I had lots of track spacein the main. The guy in 3rd was not so close for quite awhile, and I had a harder and harder time keeping up with Alex as my volts dropped to 90. Staying on his wheel was no picknic at the start either, running a lot faster than I am used to in those corners. I never looked at a speedo, but following Alex meant cornering like a madman. I'd gain a tiny bit on the straight, and then lose it again in the hairpin. Stickier for next time. My tires did well, but you could see the difference as we ran the main. I'd slip a little and he wouldn't.

Hell of a lot of fun again as always, and I do not blame FR31 at all in any way. Thanks for putting on the race for us Dave.

I don't know If i got much vid on the track. I can't see the turnigy cam stuff till I get home. I did get a bit of helmet cam vid of Evo and Amberwolf in thier first practice lap. Amberwolf thrilled the crowd sliding out in the last corner on crazybike. People were fascinated by his bike. But he did not race. Evo had left a loose spoke in his tire when he mounted it. Amazing it didn't flat right away. We were really scratching heads wondering who's bike it came off of. Nobody was missing one. Huh? His bike looks great! Very nice to see it in person. He did well in the main too, especially since the bike was wearing knobby dirt tires of death!

Congrats Drew! Might be more competitive in the electrathons than the DR in a way.

I forgot to mention, the track owner is thinking of adding a motorized bike race to his regular schedule. Monthly as part of the supermoto day. So I could be on the track at least bi monthly, or more! But if nothing else, another race before the death race in the spring is pretty likely. 8)

AussieJester said:
liveforphysics said:
Also ripped the back out of the speedo that used to be my favorite highschool/college race suit that I was now at least 20lbs too fat to fit. It was pretty classy.

ROFL...so...Luke, do we start callin you "muffin tops" now do we tehehe
i'm sure the local ladies were impressed with your "classy" look :mrgreen: ... oh oh hehe please
tell me you also had a swim cap on to 'complete' the look?

No cap. Only wore a cap once a year for the state championship meets. Shaved my legs, chest, back, arms, etc for the state meets as well. It's common for first and last to be seperated by 0.1-0.2seconds in the sprint events, so, shaved skin with a unnoticable thin film of crisco to further lower boundry layer (it's a hydrophobic compound, and boyant), and enough puffs on an Asthma inhaler (making it look like I was looking for something in the bottom of a backpack lol) to send my head spinning just before getting on the starting blocks, and I was set to go. :) I webbed my toes with superglue and pieces of a skin colored latex glove from the bottom side once for an important meet as well. Always wanted to web my fingers somehow (which would be an epic cheater advantage) with something like a skin-colored fingers-only glove that was skin colored (or clear) and slowly water soluable, so you keep your hands closed until you race, then race, win, strip them off under the water before the lane judge checks you, and the evidence just disolves into goo. Most people think there isn't much cheating in high school/college swimming. They just haven't had enough creative swimmers I guess. :)

If I was going to get back into swimming, I would make some clear finger webbing setup for sure. Just a number of fine fishing line pieces around the fingers for structural support, and a super-glued-on cut-out of a strong plastic film that fits the hand, and gets super glued in place would likely be able to be hidden well enough to get to race, but getting your hands to pass the inspection afterwards would be tough... Maybe combine that with an injection from an epinephrine pin (from a bee-sting kit), and a quick 10 puffs on an asthma inhaler.

Then try for the win, rip-off secret gloves, black-out, puke, and muffin-top split suit technique again for style points. 8) 8) 8)

Hey dogman, you did great regardless of the "official" outcome.

We, like drewjet says, used to run an extra lap due to incompetent flagmen (that is, until the race organizers put a stop to it).

BTW, I and several other (MX) racers were nearly wiped out when a flagman fell "asleep" while on "duty". Then there was the time we watched a 750cc road racer die due to an incompetent flagman (this was at Laguna Seca in ~1980). You just can't trust these guys.

Yeah. They'd just gave us a lecture about that, racing after the checker. Silly me, paying attention to that.

At this point you have proved that you are a viable competitor. The next step is to find space on your bike or your clothes for your SPONSOR'S to advertise!!! Great work, you are a winner in my book. I'll have to get the GF to call her sister in Tucson and tell her we need to couch surf in April. Absolutely Freakin' Awesome Dogman :D

That is awesome Dogman !! Did you get a look at the tires on the winner? What kind of tires did you run? I bet some of the looks were priceless when you ripped past them :mrgreen: :mrgreen: More pics please..

Oh and what was the winner running? Some high dollar supertuned 2 -stroke?

Thank you Dogman! A big effort that is of interest to most including me. In my eyes you are the winner! Keep the pressure on and be careful.

Back